Negotiates contracts on behalf of CCF within assigned business area. Evaluates new business opportunities. Manages administrative, legal, operational and financial issues related to contact negotiation. Participates in contracting strategy development including business planning and implementation issues.
- Prepares, coordinates and manages contract negotiation process. Identifies and evaluates opportunities and financial terms for assigned contracts.
- Assesses potential legal risk in the context of contract provisions.
- Develops appropriate legal and financialcontractlanguage.
- Coordinates legal review.
- Prepares responses, letters of agreement and key contract provisions.
- Prepares and implements strategies for business growth.
- Identifies and targets specific areas for development.
- Initiates and develops relationships, tracks history and progress.
- Implements contracting strategy for 3rd party relationships.
- Principal contact for 3rd party suppliers, internal clients, and 3rd party suppliers in development and review of proposed agreements.
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal
- Develops methodology and review models that consistently and objectively evaluate the financial impact of proposals. Updates methodologies as contract issues change.
- Prepares responses to Request for Proposals (RFP) as required.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in business administration, healthcare, finance, marketing or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of contemporaryhealthcare policies, practices, operations, and reimbursement methodologies.
- Knowledge of physician practice management, hospital administration and operations.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred (for Finance related contracts).
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to understand "big picture" issues and ability to apply sound judgment.
- Five years’ experience in contract management. Experience with key financial and non-financialcontract terms, legal issues and contract analysis.
- Direct experience with contract management on a large IT outsource agreement. Ideally this would be IBM experience but other large IT suppliers like Dell would also suffice.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a VMO or Strategic Sourcing organization.
- Worked-on and/or developed Performance, Relationship, and Contract Management end-to-end functions; including processes and artifacts.
- (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- May be required to drive personal vehicle to meetings, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.