Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Monitor and report on vendor performance to contract, proactively identifying areas for correction or enhancement of value-add.
- Coordinate with business partners and TEIS staff/management to aggregate vendor contract performance data and, as requested, collaborate and follow-through in obtaining contractual remedies, developing a remediation plan with the vendor.
- Establish and maintain scorecards for TEIS vendors, ensuring that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Critical Performance Indicators (CPIs) are in alignment with vendor contracts and TE requirements.
- Design, develop and perform steps in support of vendor invoice review/approval processes to ensure compliance with contract deliverables and that credits and/or penalties have been correctly calculated.
- Develop and maintain program to measure customer satisfaction with vendors, identifying areas for improvement or where vendors can provide additional value.
- Coordinate with business units and TEIS staff on deficiencies/possible improvements and assist in working with vendors on corrective action programs or in implementing value-add items.
- Conduct and/or participate in account reviews with strategic and other selected vendors to ensure business relationships are fostered and maintained. Formulate and implement strategies to improve customer/vendor relationships with strategic and other selected vendors. Determine opportunities where such vendors can improve performance and / or lower cost.
- In consultation with business partners and TEIS staff members, develop annual objectives for selected vendors with the goals of reducing costs, improving performance, and driving efficiencies.
- Assist, as requested, with the negotiation of any scope changes to contracts.
- Serve as a point of escalation to resolve contract or vendor performance issues and serve as a liaison between the business and Legal to come to agreement on any legal action to be taken.
- Develop reporting to identify areas of opportunity and objectives for efficiency or productivity gains such as vendor consolidation.
- Partner with business partners, TEIS staff and Global Procurement (GPUR) members in on/off-boarding selected vendors.
- Collaborate with GPUR to ensure compliance with vendor and procurement policies and procedures.
- Lead in the lifecycle and training of VMO policies, standards, processes, and procedures necessary to accomplish departmental objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 6 or more years of experience in the IT sector, including managing supplier/vendor relationships.
- Strong understanding of IT concepts including hardware, software, cloud, ERP, Telecom and Network systems.
- Contract management skills
- Procurement, Finance and SharePoint knowledge desired.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of vendor management principles and practices
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization from individual contributor to executive management.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure, to work on multiple projects and to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Project and Visio
- Strong sense of urgency, personal responsibility, accountability; self-motivated, efficient, effective
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 years relevant experience OR a combination of college education and experience