The Operations Order Management Logistics team makes sure physical deliveries happen on schedule so Google's virtual world keeps humming. As a member of the team, you help manage the logistics and transportation of vendor deliveries. From global deployments of servers to the delivery of networking gear, you need to make sure the right equipment arrives at the right location at the right time. What you oversee is often overseas, and you work withinternational governmental organizations to ensure imported equipment arrives smoothly. You also work withinternal customers to measure and define processes, constantly using data to improve our systems.
As a Vendor Delivery Manager, you will join the Corporate Engineering function at Google, working within a talented, multi-disciplined team in Corporate Operations (CorpOps) to provide technical and infrastructure services to the wider Google organization.
Your primary responsibility is to oversee the delivery of services into Google from one or more external providers. You’ll understand the business imperatives of the CorpOps Service Owners and enable them to achieve their objectives through the optimal use and governance of externally provided services. Strong collaboration with these key stakeholders to ensure their service goals are met, will be a major part of your work. Utilizing your service delivery expertise, you will attain value from our supplier relationships, while ensuring agreement terms are adhered to.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand their needs and ensure they derive value from the provided services.
- Develop and analyze key metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reports to manage provider performance.
- Drive service optimization and improvement, including service quality and process improvements.
- Develop and consult service agreement terms and provide contract interpretation.
- Management and control of the operational service delivery for AV Support provided by the vendor
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working on regional and/or global service delivery.
- ITIL V3 Expert Certification.
- Ability to think globally and strategically, and drive change in a complex global organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms.
- Effective consultation and influencing skills.