Delivery Lead participate in the definition of global governance of the production and integration process to ensure on time and on budget capability delivery at market competitive rates and meets the customer stakeholder expectations. The role is responsible for the governance of the delivery function, including training and enablement.
Responsibilities for the incumbent include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy: Identifies new and emerging tools, software and communication technologies and products, services, methods and techniques and the assessment of their relevance and potential value in the organization. The promotion of emerging technology awareness among staff and business management.
- Standards: Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry) are adhered to.
- Projects: Leads the development of architectures for strategic, (First-of-a-Kind) high risk and complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers. Takes full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Vision:works with Business Partners and Business leaders to visualize and develop UX journey and actionable insights for various personas in different functions / initiatives.
- Build Talent:Demonstrates deep learning agility and promotes a learning culture. Acts and influences as a people leader across the organization. Takes personal accountability for self-development, while building and developing talent around them.
- Enable staff with the needed functional and technical skills required to meet K-C’s growing application portfolio and changing technology needs. Help develop leaders through real time coaching and mentoring, driving with K-C’s global leader mindset.
- Consistently demonstrates the One K-C Behaviors. Maintains and evolves cultural awareness; acts with global fluency. Adopts a test and learn, fail fast mindset with calculated risk taking.
- Emerging Technologies – emerging technologies are blurring the lines between web/API, mobile and Internet of Things sensors/devices. Delivery lead should be able to demonstrate how technologies complement each other, define why we have different digital tools and how the apps/solutions are developed/integrated. Innovation Lead to have strong experience as an Enterprise Architect with the mindset of an Entrepreneur prepared to experiment with emerging digital solutions.
- Security–Must be able to identify forward thinking technologies that are Secure. The individual must demonstrate strong knowledge of security that includes Network, Enterprise, Single Sign-On, OAuth for connection between core enterprise systems, API, Web, Mobile and IOT/Machine-2-Machine
- Curiosity – must be able to demonstrate an open curiosity for technologies and the tools/ability to determine which technologies to follow (Trends) and which to drop (Hype). There is an expectation that the Innovation Lead will work with teams to test/POC technologies through short, iterative cycles to validate the technology quickly.
- Evangelism – the role requires the ability to communicate complex and new technologies to business leaders, peers in ITS and 3rd parties; have the ability to clearly demonstrate how emerging technologies can be applied to meet K-C business goals; and, mentor/train teams implementing emerging technologies.
- Balance compliance to standard with business results
- Maintain client, peer and partner relationships in order to drive results and efficiencies
- B.S., B. A. degree. A master’s degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
- 10-12+ years of Professional experience with 5+ years of equivalent experience in information technology leading large, remote, global teams.
- Proficient English speaking
- Proven experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizations
- Proven experience working on issues that impact design, product success, or address future concepts, products, or technologies
- Accountable for Global Application Delivery. Will define, analyze, and deliver business initiatives in accordance with business and IT priorities and annual budgets.
- Co-create Business-IT Strategy. Executes and promotes the long-range IT systems plan consistent with business objectives.
- Provides Information and Digital Technologies Leadership.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Has a full range of strategic management and leadership skills. Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Expert knowledge in architecting and designing custom mobile solutions for multiple platforms
- Working knowledge in mobile development using Native (Android, iOS Swift and Objective-C) and Hybrid Tools (Ionic, React.Native, Xamarin)
- Experience with the entire application stack – mobile app, web app, application logic, database, and servers
- Experience with web service integration technologies (API, Micro services, REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience with source code management (Github, Subversion, TFS)
- Experience with mobile testing methodologies and mobile app QA
- Identify opportunities for user research and usability testing to inform prototypes, concepts, current and competitive experiences
- Deep knowledge in applying agile methodologies and rapid prototyping. Able to provide guidance on the coordination of the flow of work between agile teams and more traditional project based teams.
- Conduct primary, secondary, and tertiary research in collaboration with cross-functional partners.
- Review analytics regularly and identify opportunities for UX Design improvements while taking into consideration broader brand and company business strategy.
- Identify UX best practices, translating in our handwriting when relevant to our brand experiences
- Develop a cross-functional, strategic vision of where our customer experience is headed
- Evolve design methods, tooling, and process in collaboration with designers + cross-functional partners
- Should have significant experience with IOT (Internet of Things)
- Global ITS Business Partners, Delivery leads, Product Owners
- Functional and Solution Engineers in various delivery teams
- Global business teams
- Strategic vendors