Job Summary: POSITION SUMMARY
- Reporting to the CMIO and working closely with the Clinical Informatics, Business Information, and Application Support teams, the Epic Training Manager is primarily responsible for management, oversight, development, and facilitation of the training team and super user programs for the Health System. Additionally, the Manager provides oversight to the development and maintenance of training materials and is responsible for overseeing the training environment strategy as well as the building, testing, and maintenance of all related training environments.
- Manages daily operations of training team including staffing development, oversight of Principal and Credentialed Trainers, and communicating upcoming training deadlines.
- Leads the strategic development and ongoing coordination of the training and super user programs.
- Guides the development of curriculum and training plans for new implementations/projects requiring education.
- Oversees the development, maintenance, and standardization of educational materials including manuals, Education Updates, Tip Sheets, Spotlight Documents, and other methods of communication/education as needed.
- Investigates, plans, and implements new and innovative ways to communicate changes and provide education to EMR users.
- Oversees program scheduling including development of overall training schedule; coordinates training rooms and equipment needed for classroom training.
- Maintains regular communication with the application team and the Health System leadership in an effort to generate excitement for available training programs before and after go-live
- Communicates required training for each role, schedule of offerings, and class registration process to appropriate audience. Ensures all users are properly trained. Ensures requests for supplemental training are evaluated appropriately.
- Leads development and maintenance of the training environment(s) and environment strategy to support ongoing training and support needs. This includes, but is not limited to: coordinating refreshing schedules, training environment tasks, and milestone
- Works with business owners in defining, planning, implementing, and evaluating the training required to ensure a smooth change management and training plan as it affects departmental operations.
- Supports and participates in interdepartmental collaboration and problem solving. Works closely with business owners and other members of Information Systems (IS) teams.
- Effectively coordinates the transition from solution definition to training delivery.
- Creates a vision document that outlines the intent and delivery method of training for the organization. This document is for the intended use of the project team and project leadership
- Determines specialized and role-based/generic training requirements and develops a certification or assessment program as indicated. Develops overall training schedule and schedules the appropriate level of training for each user, securing and scheduling training facilities. Ensures that all users who need to be trained on the system are trained prior to gaining access to the production system; develops an ongoing training program for the organization.
- Provides ongoing communication with Organizational Leadership regarding training issues and requirements.
- Responsible for coordinating with both the application and technical teams the alignment of training programs with the build and testing of ongoing Epic projects.
- Provides system analysis and technical design of a Learning Management Software (LMS) system in support all ongoing Epic related training programs. Helps support the future development, management, and optimization of an LMS system for the organization.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to function independently and master job responsibilities.
- Ability to plan, develop, strategize, and implement in an efficient and organized manner.
- Possession of excellent communication, written, and marketing skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Ability to work cooperatively with other organizational entities.
- Ability to communicate status and escalate issues professionally.
- Detailed understanding of workflows and system configuration.
- Demonstrated skill in adult education.
- Ability to grasp technical information.
- Education:Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Health Administration, Education or related field required. Master's degreepreferred.
- Experience: 5+ years relevant experience (preferably in a healthcare setting) required. Experience designing and delivering training programs in Adult Education strongly preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Certification in an Epic application preferred.
- Hardware/Software: Strong desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.