Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. The technical skills include the ability to design software or customize software for client use.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures.
- Review and approve testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability.
- Review documentation of software defects and assign software developers to investigate and resolve the issue.
- Review and approve test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness or to mitigate risks.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field recommended.
- 5+ years experience required.
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- In depth understanding of different layers of testing (API, Database, WebApps).
- Required working knowledge of Test Management Tool (HP ALM, accelQ, or other), API Testing (REST-Assured, SOAPUI, Postman, JMeter),
- Database Tools (Microsoft visual studio, JDeveloper, Oracle), and Jenkins for CI/CD.