We are looking for IT Technician for our client in Irvine, CA
Job Title: IT Technician
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The IT Tech is responsible for providing hardware/software support to client environment.
- Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
- The position also utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users to resolve/fulfill issues and requests.
- The IT tech also assists in the maintenance and testing of desktop systems and applications.
- The position's responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
- Exposure working in a bio-medical or medical environment will be highly preferred.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance and usability of desktop/laptop computers, handheld/mobile devices, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Works with Service Desk and other IT staff/departments as appropriate to determine and resolve incidents and fulfill service requests.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect with diverse systems, conferencing equipment and application
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases
- Maintain system and training documentation
- Ability to multi-task and work with little or no supervision
- Ability to troubleshoot/diagnose hardware and software issues
- Follow documented process and procedures to deliver consistently excellent solutions
- Well versed with different operating systems and platforms
- Be able to handle small projects with moderate oversight
- Ability to lift 20-50 lbs
- Escalate issues to management with all appropriate information before they impact the hospital or a wide set of users in a negative fashion
- Ability to handle other duties outside of responsibilities accordingly
- Possess strong service orientation, interpersonal skills at a level to interact with various IT departments, administrative and executive members and other business departments within client's
- Communicates with all customers in a constructive and supportive manner that balances best serving the customer's need and the needs of the hospital.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting deliverables and deadlines by providing high quality technical solutions, support, and service.
- Communicates with staff and teammates in terms that promote collaboration and demonstrates a customer service orientation.
- Will need to be receptive to operational changes that meet the WHHS institutional agenda
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is required.
- Qualified candidates may substitute 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum 1 yearexperience providing Desktop Support preferably in a bio-medical or medical environment
- Experience with support Microsoft products and solutions; Windows, Office (Office 365), OneDrive, etc.
- Excellent customer service, troubleshooting, documentation, and follow up skills
- ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED
- FILE SYSTEMS
- INTERNET EXPLORER
- MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER
- MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
- OFFICE ASSISTANT
- RETAIL SALES
- SERVICE DESK
- TRANSMISSION CONTROL PROTOCOL
- TRANSMISSION CONTROL PROTOCOL/INTERNET PROTOCOL