- Interprets, evaluates, resolves and tests internal/external client inquiries or issues regarding the functional operation of application hardware and software.
- Analyzes simple to complex requests, inquiries and issues to determine the appropriate technical area or vendor to resolve problem.
- Solve application support cases through effective troubleshooting.
- Serves as a liaison between other technical staff, management, users, and vendors regarding incident requests, service requests, usage, standards, security, and other technical matters.
- Alerts clients and team members in a timely manner when a major problem is suspected.
- Monitor system performance and react to outage alarms and process failures 24x7.
- Documents and tracks status of client inquiries/incidents and coordinates appropriate response and follows up to ensure client satisfaction.
- Proactively respond or resolve issues by identifying potential problems and implementing solutions and prevention methods.
- Translate technical details into business relevant language.
- Recognize and escalate critical issues to management.
- Perform incident and request intake via phone, email, IM and system alerts.
- Multi-task and resolve complex problems under stressful situations.
- Create knowledgebase articles and technical notes for use by othertechnicians.
- College graduate in related field (4-yeardegreepreferred) or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years high-level technical support experience.
- 2+ years technical experience with web applications
- Extensive experience in examining, investigating and solving problems.
- Experience working issues/cases at various technical levels.
- Systems administration background a plus.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical clients.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable interacting with other teams and departments.
- Flexibility to cover extended hours on a rotating basis.
- Ability to manage demanding workloads
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers while providing excellent customer support.
- Ability to think “out-of-the-box” and develop creative solutions.
- Understanding of programming principles (does not need to be programmer).
- Knowledge of batch processing and transmissions management.
- Working knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications
- Payments industry knowledge
- Experience with IT Service Management tools such as ChangeGear or ServiceNow.
- Experience with monitoring and performance diagnostic tools such as SolarWinds and Splunk.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system architecture.
- Good technical skills with Java technology stack (Tomcat, Apache, JVM, etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL and executing queries.