- Contribute in enhancement, optimization, and troubleshooting discussions.
- Contribute to implementation of the process improvements.
Participate in software development on the Salesforce.com platform using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Develop software for internal applications using Salesforce solutions.
- Develop code and prepare/perform unit test cases.
- Support production releases and ensure successful implementation of changes.
- Validate the code against unit tests and code quality scans.
- Assist in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving defects encountered during various stages of testing and production, including during the deployment and implementation of the code in production environments.
- Ability perform troubleshooting and support for existing applications.
- Effectively communicate status of projects and assignments.
- Monitor and manage changes for supported applications.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Partner with the functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify business needs, contribute to development of long-range system plans, and ensure products and services are aligned with business needs.
- Provides strategic consultancy support to customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements
- Actively seek ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors'
- practices relevant to the assigned client business
- Assess near-term needs utilizing structured interview processes to establish business priorities, consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities
- Ally with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keep the IT group's technology and service managers aware of user issues and potential potholes or resolve conflicts
- Develop, motivate, and provide direction to technical team in a way that facilitates the creation of a team environment and enables team to fulfill the department's operation objectives.
- In specialized systems (i.e.. .Net) effectively set options to change the way the program works (configuration responsibilities).
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
No Direct Reports
Position Accountability / Scope:
- Works in consultative role towards predetermined goals. Is responsible for adhering to project and overhead budgets and schedules.
- Assignments are long term and are self-directed.
- Erroneous decisions would normally result in failure to complete projects critical to major objectives of division. Has direct impact on capital budget, expenses and major project completion.
Bachelors Degree plus 10+ years of related work experience as application developer, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
- 10+ years experience.
- Working knowledge C# .Net, SQL Server, HTML5 developer tools.
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment.
- Hands on experience with SDLC methods and tools (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum)
- Experience working in an Agile environment, TDD experiencepreferred.