The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is looking for a versatile manager to lead their Technology Services team with delivering a broad range of services that includes current infrastructure services such as network, telephony, and server administration and application/database management services while preparing the staff to take on new strategic value add opportunities. The team is also responsible for a robust TFS (Team Foundation Server) environment that supports source code management and release management for most of theapplication development organizations within the Federal Reserve System (FRS). The position offers an opportunity to partner with peers and leaders within the FRS in the area of Dev Ops, establish thought leadership, and help define innovative methodologies and tools. The Technology Services Manager will lead local ITS team members into the new Dev Ops environment and subsequently influence development teams across the FRS. The duties of the manager include planning, management, coordination, communication, and oversight of staff activities. This position is a key partner within the organization requiring communications with colleagues, business stakeholders, executives, FRS IT partners, and teams across the Federal Reserve System and/or the US Treasury. This position may lead senior professionals and technical leads.
• Leads the development of organizational and departmental strategic and tactical plans including restructuring Technology Services as needed and aligning the staff to deliver those services effectively
• Works with business stakeholders and executives to identify opportunities to offer new innovative service offerings, automation, and self-servicing in support of their strategic direction
• Partner with System IT teams to proactively define rollout plans for the new product and service offerings, prepare business lines at the bank to adopt those services seamlessly, and drive value realization
• Leads a culture that drives innovation and continuous improvement with a “customer first” attitude
• Lead project planning and management for complex portfolio of continuous improvement projects
• Provide management of staff including metrics based performance management, strategic skills development, career development, coaching and mentoring
• Lead or participate in committees/task forces to advance Bank or System initiatives in Technology Services
• Accountable for achieving performance metrics and project deliverables for multiple, related units on time, with agreed upon scope and within budget
• Accountable for establishing and maintaining compliance and controls, including maintaining SAFR/FISMA Information Security requirements as well as industry best practices
• Consult on significant IT issues for the Bank, System and Department of Treasury.
• Perform administrative and budgeting operations.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
• Adheres to the Bank’s attendance policies though regular and prompt attendance
• Able to make decisions with complex reasoning and sound judgment. Decisions affect thedepartment and may affect the Entire Bank
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Minimum of 7+ years of experience including 3+ years of team and people leadership responsibilities
• Specialized, technical skills in the delivery of Technology Services, and solid understanding ofLAN/WAN, voice, server, and cloud infrastructure
• Experience with TFS (Team Foundation Server) and Dev Ops desired
• Experienced in services/products delivery including designing of new services/ products, quality assurance and deployment
• Solid understanding of services delivery models like ITIL
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills
• Knowledge of regulations, procedures and practices of any highly controlled industry like financial services or healthcare
• Ability to perform independent research and help develop strategic objectives and direction
• Ability to perform routine tasks
• Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond tophone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required.
• Employees may be required to travel by car/air. Some travel within the US is required.
Competencies for Success:
• Excellent communication and organizational skills are required
• Individual must be a team player; be able to multi-task; and be detail-oriented and delivery focused
• Establishes and conveys goals and objectives to team members and facilitate understanding ofhow those goals and objectives contribute to the vision, mission and goals of the Department, the Bank, and the System. Acts as an effective leader and contributes to teamwork within areas of responsibility and across the department.
• Establishes expectations/ performance objectives for individuals on their team; sets priorities, ensures accountability, reviews work products. Manages direct reports by assigning and monitoring work activities, providing oversight and guidance as needed. Conducts mid-year and annual performance evaluations; provides ongoing coaching and feedback regarding job performance and career development. Ensures that this is being done for indirect reports, if applicable.