Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
Scope of Position: The Master Data Management Technical Leader is responsible for leading the successful design and delivery of SAP Data Management solutions for Corning. The candidate will define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes. This position provides leadership and oversight of the Data Governance objectives and policies, procedures. This is a key role in integrating a data strategy across Corning functions into a cohesive strategy and architecture blueprint that ‘glues together’ multiple data domains (Finance, Commercial, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, etc. ). The candidate will work closely with Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects to define the master data strategy and partner closely with projects teams and the business to identify, recommend, develop, and implement innovative data & analytics solutions and technologies that meet business requirements. The Data & Analytics Enterprise Architect spends 50% of their time supporting project teams implementing data & analytics solutions globally and 50% of their time working with the IT and Business teams team in the creation of roadmaps, standards and future state architecture for master data. Remote work opportunities will be considered for the right candidate and/or relocation to Charlotte, NC or Corning, NY.
Roles & Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities of this position are related to the architecture and delivery of master data solutions and standards through the implementation and support of SAP’s Master Data Governance product Some of the specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead master data development, data quality, data model, and collaborate with cross functional teams comprised of client groups, project teams and IT organizations.
- Identify, assess and solve complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of master data
- Lead configuration of processes and approval workflows for Master records to be created or changed, according to the different areas of responsibilities and business functions.
- Define artifacts for the review of completeness and consistency of the Master Data, and audit to ensure compliance with defined financial, analytical and process requirements
- Work with owners and users/analysts across the customer operations to modify or implement new repeatable and reliable businesses processes to improve and sustain effective data governance resulting in improved quality and consistency of data used to drive key business decisions.
- Lead technical aspects of the delivery of Master Data Management solutions & related components (Data Services & Information Steward), working across business/technology teams to ensure alignment between business solution definition & systems architecture for the organization.
- Drive development and implementation of testing scenarios
- Own definition, implementation and tracking Key Performance Indicators to measure the effectiveness of the material Master Data models, processes and changes implemented
- Create quality documentation (Business Process documents, process flows, policies and procedures, strategies, etc.)
- Provide post implementation support and problem resolution
- Partner in developing and implementing end user training and materials for internal associates and all field locations.
- Builds relationships across the Business and IT organization that foster collaboration and partnerships to drive better strategies, priorities and service to the Business.
- Partner with Business Engagement leadership, Service Line Directors and others to develop high-level business cases and manage expectations about service cost, quality, risk, metrics, delivery and lifecycle requirements.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years relevant work experience, with 5+ years’ experience as in master data management.
- 3+ Years of experience managing, maintaining, and analyzing master data or related function. Experience with SAP MDM/MDG Solutions, Master data and governance a plus
- Experience working with SAP FI/CO, MM, SD or PM and Master Data, required.
- Experience in complex SAP environments supporting multiple components preferred.
- Experience in master data strategies, processes, and governance including definition of data types, functional views, attributes, fields values, status, etc.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and produce complex data evaluation and recommendations using tools such as Microsoft Excel (pivot tables,) and/or Access
- Experience providing a consolidated view of data for analysis and decision-making purposes
- Participated, contributed, and delivered systems implementations as a Process Owner or Subject Matter Experts in the master data domain
- Ability to exercise independent judgement
- Comfort working in an agile development lifecycle and tools such as Jira Rally, and Trello