Provide technical leadership for enterprise information technology efforts, including the design, development and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services. Provide solutions to technical issues, and be responsible for meeting project schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements. The Technical Lead will drive the proficiency within the team, assure best practices are followed, support the delivery of quality solutions, and assist management in meeting strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to work in a technical lead role to coordinate a team of resources to ensure quality and timely delivery of projects.
- Works with functional managers to establish and maintain technical standards and guidelines for their area.
- Works with functional manager to review and evaluate new technologies that may be beneficial to current and upcoming project work.
- Participate in the technical design review process to ensure high quality technical designs.
- Plan and oversee the development and support of specific IT areas and systems
- Plan and direct activities related to introducing new services, products and processes
- Coordinate technical tasks and work effort
- Acts as an escalation for technical issues and support.
- Identifies and communicates risks to the business.
- Contributes in defining new business requirements.
- Performs research and analysis on new technology and business practices with the team.
- Align solutions within the overall IT strategy.
- Assures best practices are defined and followed.
- Drives consistency across applications and projects wherever possible.
- Develop and direct activities to increase systems and application availability
- Act as a liaison for the technical team to the project management team and IT management
- Communicate regularly with internal and external customers
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 years experience as Rapid Response Administrator
- Experience with Level 3 support of Rapid Response application
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with scenarios, analytics, control tables, authoring, data administration and mapping, data model design, managing exiting resource types and validation within the Rapid Response tool.
- Experience and knowledge of general database design a plus
- Coach and mentor support staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Drives and facilitates thought leadership from Sr Management in support of developing new and differentiated capabilities
- Interfaces with the customers, business units, functional and divisional leads to understand and translate pain points to ultimately drive maximum service level to the customer (e.g. coordinating necessary developments)
- Provides training and coaching to the support community to ensure the most efficient use of solutions, products and services, including new tool developments and enhancements
- Releases new tools into a global Production environment.
- Performs initial assessments and gap analysis between the business requirements and the toolset functionality
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of Jabil's Supply Chain capabilities and tools.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain systems, data technologies and processes including but not limited to ERP integration
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a supply chain or manufacturing environment with extensive experience working in the area of supply chain solutions
- Experience working directly with the internal business units and/or external customers