Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 45 days ago
The Technical Analyst III will beresponsible for providing established knowledge and expertise in building, implementing, maintaining and managing of the operationalinfrastructure procedures andprocessesneeded to execute the IT services delivery lifecycle. This role is a key stakeholder in helping drive acceptance of IT Service Management strategies within the business.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
• Working autonomously; leading the transition of highly available, complex IT systems and services, including the preparation for all transition requirements prior to production
• Managing and administering multiple highly available, complex IT services and related systems once in production
• Defining and maintaining roles and responsibilities for operational support during and after transition of new services and systems with System Administration team and Service Desk team
• Making strategic decisions in relation to solving problems with production services and systems; analyzing problems by relying on observations and empirical data; developing and executing resolution plans
• Assisting and mentoring junior level team members with service transition activities and other technical needs
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in the following areas:
o Windows Server 2008+, with a strong understanding of Active Directory, File Shares/Permissions, IIS, DFS, DHCP/DNS, Application Fault Isolation
o VMware vCenter, including installation and management (or VCP4+)
• A minimum of 3 years of experience with:
o Network and patch management systems
o Administering Event management systems
o Multi-tiered database applications
• Experience with network hardware, including network switching gear, firewalls, and load balancers
• Advanced knowledge of Web Server technologies, including IIS
• Advanced knowledge of database technologies and management tools; ability to create, test and run SQL scripts and jobs
• Strong knowledge of enterprise block and file storage systems such as EMC, Nimble and/or Hitachi
• Strong knowledge of asynchronous replication
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with IT Service Management processes
• Ability to think strategically, understand problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines, and participate in collaborative efforts with other team members in the department and across the firm
• Experience mentoring, influencing and motivating others as it relates to service transition activities
• The ability to participate in the on-call rotation for after-hours and weekend support for major incidents or escalated problems.