Manager, U-Haul Tech Support
U-Haul is seeking an experienced customer advocate with Help Desk/Service Desk/Deskside Support and IT Operations experience to lead our newly re-envisioned IT Tech Support operation, developing this into a customer focused, best in class service excellence focus organization.
U-Haul Tech Support will support all aspects of application, end user device and telephony requests submitted from any of nearly 22,000 locations across North America. Tech Support will posess a wide-range of technical skills and experiences delivering best-in-class IT support to over 30,000 team members and our network of affiliates. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team in ensuring timely, consistent and quality support for a range of technical issues across multiple environments and ensuring a fantastic customer experience with every transaction.
U-Haul Tech Support Manager will be tasked with:
- Work with hardware and software vendors to make strategic partnerships thus providing the right platform for U-Haul team members enabling them to deliver great customer service.
- Work with engineering and ITSM teams to onboard new solutions into the endpoint environment.
- Paying close attention customer experience, supportability, cost and quality.
- Building a best in class organization, by employing and developing outstanding technical talent.
- Providing strong leadership and management for a diverse team, including recruitment, training, development, disciplinary matters and appraisals.
- Tracking, measuring and reporting on key support performance metrics for IT Tech Support.
- Development and enhancement of operational procedures, focused on customer experience, first contact resolution and quality with every step in the interactions.
- Developing and maintaining optimal scheduling for the Service Desk to ensure appropriate coverage and organize on-call support as needed.
- Leading by example, projecting a positive attitude and a willingness to mentor and support others as needed.
- Communicating with internal and external customers, team members, and management regularly during all aspects of the IT Tech Support operations and ongoing technical issues.
- Creating, employing and enforcing standard operating procedures and run books for technical staff which support U-Haul's policies and business model.
- Exceptional planning and delivery for initiatives or projects coordinated or delivered by the IT Tech Support Teams.
- Establishing routine operational reviews with key stakeholders across the IT Organization.
- Establishing continual service improvement processes to enhance the services offered and delivered throughout the team.
- Collaborating with peers supporting Operations Management Centers, Applications Delivery, Security Office and Infrastructure Engineering to influence process, procedure and support optimization.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills allowing for targeted communications and interactions with all levels of our organization.
- 6+ years of experience managing IT customer support operations (help desk/service desk) with 20+ staff.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with proven ability to efficiently lead, develop people and deliver projects.
- Experience running a 24/7 team with the ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent team-building and leadership skills.
- The capability to effectively multi-task and successfully manage multiple projects.
- Desktop Computing (Windows, MAC)
- Web Based, .net application support
- Microsoft Office 20xx, Office 365
- Systems Management solutions (SCCM, LANDesk, etc)
- Anti-virus software
- Active Directory
- Cherwell Service Management
- Cisco Telephony
- General Network Knowledge
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field (preferred, comparable work experience may be considered)
- ITIL Foundation Certification required, ITIL Practitioner or higher preferred
- Project Management knowledge and/or certification preferred.