The IT Business Lead Analyst is a senior-level position responsible for liaising between business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to continuous iterative exploration and investigation of business performance and other measures to gain insight and drive business planning.
- Provide input during development and implementation phases, including formulation and definition of systems scope, objectives and necessary system enhancements for complex, high-impact projects
- Identify and communicate risks and impacts and propose risk mitigation options, considering business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Consult with business clients to determine system functional specifications and partner with multiple management teams and other units to meet organizational objectives
- Evaluate new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommend appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems by analyzing business processes, systems and industry standards
- Provide in-depth and sophisticated analyses with interpretive thinking to define problems, develop innovative solutions and influence strategic functional decisions
- Supervise day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management, work allocation, mentoring/coaching and other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) with extensive experience using Excel for data analysis
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of business analysis
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.