Job Posting End Date: 06/02
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary: We are looking for a dynamic leader for our Customer Acquisition/Customer Implementation (CACI) team, who will lead a salesforce team.
The ideal candidate for a Technology Delivery Lead at Unum is someone who has experience in this technical discipline as an engineer or analyst and seeks to be a strong coach/player in this entry level management role.
This role will lead the quote object experience. We are looking for an individual with SFDC background, and certification in Salesforce. Experience with development lifecycle in lightning components, Jenkins, Selenium - Salesforce DX environment.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Achieving the software/solutions/services delivery commitments of the team
- Maximizing the effectiveness of the team and takes actions to increase performance and effectiveness of the team. Which includes developing, mentoring and coaching team members. The role promotes and facilitates the professional development of team members and ensures plans are in place to elevate the performance of the team.
- May serve in a Scrum Master role for an agile team
- For Agile teams, works with business partners and team to translate the business strategy or roadmap into backlog items
- Responsible for ensuring that the agile team(s) apply best of breed software engineering practices including but not limited to – Test Driven Development, Peer Reviews, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices, unit and regression test automation, comprehensive approach to addressing Non-Functional Requirements (NFR), adherence to standards, comprehensive Definition of Done, team retrospectives, etc.
- Using Agile metrics and tools to understand team performance and efficiency and takes actions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant technical experience.
- 5+ years’ technical experience in an IT field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience leading IT Teams of 6+ professionals (direct and/or indirect reports)
- Understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles; proficient in agile team development as well as awareness of team training opportunities.
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Ability to think critically and challenge conventional thinking
Knowledge and Experience Specifications:
Based on the focus of these agile delivery teams, knowledge and experience with one or more of the following technologies is preferred:
- Salesforce Certification preferred; for example Certified Salesforce Administrator (ADM 201), Certified Salesforce Developer (DEV 402), Certified Salesforce Advanced Administrator (ADM 301)
- Experience with Salesforce Data object model, Lead, Opportunity, Quote and Contract object experience
- Experience with Salesforce release process with a knowledge of Salesforce DX advantageous
- Strong background in a development environment a must, with experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and associated tooling, Jenkins, SonarCube etc
- Must be able to solve complex business problems through aligning the capabilities of the Salesforce platform and present recommendations to management effectively
- Must have good planning, organizational and decision-making skills.