The ideal candidate for a Technology Delivery Lead at Unum is someone who has experience in this technical discipline as an engineer or analyst and seeks to be a strong coach/player in this entry level management role.
The Policy Administration & Client Support (PACS) organization is responsible for our Underwriting Tool (Merlin) and Customer Communications Platform (CCP) administration systems supporting the Client Administration business function. Our focus is to drive straight-through processing utilizing automation and business process management tools along with reducing paper consumption.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the overall delivery of the team and removing obstacles/roadblocks that impact the performance of the team.
- Uses Agile metrics and tools to understand team performance, efficiency and takes actions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Exhibits creativity and innovation in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer.
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of Salesforce through applying platform capabilities across our Sales & Client management organizations.
- Support and drive Salesforce projects, including contribution to the gathering of business requirements, solution and technical design, test plan design, and coordination of testing with end users
- Strong knowledge of the foundational Salesforce Data object model including Lead, Opportunity, Quote and Contract objects
- Lead deliverables to conclusion within challenging timelines ensuring collaboration and effective communication with all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant technical experience.
- 5+ years’ technical experience in an IT field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience leading IT Teams of 6+ professionals (direct and/or indirect reports)
- Salesforce Certification desirable, for example Certified Salesforce (Advanced) Administrator, Certified Platform Builder/Developer, Certified Community Cloud consultant.
- Proven track record of creating Workflows that align with the predefined business processes that utilize the Lightning Flow/Visual workflow and process builder within Salesforce
- Understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles; proficient in agile team development as well as awareness of team training opportunities.
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Ability to think critically and challenge conventional thinking
Based on the focus of these agile delivery teams, knowledge and experience with one or more of the following technologies is preferred:
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning Components and Salesforce Data Integration w/Rest
- Experience with Salesforce Data object model, Lead, Opportunity, Quote and Contract object experience
- Experience with Salesforce release process with a knowledge of Salesforce DX advantageous
- Strong background in a development environment a must, with experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and associated tooling, Jenkins, SonarCube, etc.
- Must be able to solve complex business problems through aligning the capabilities of the Salesforce platform and present recommendations to management effectively
- Salesforce Developer Certification is Preferred
- Must have good planning, organizational and decision-making skills