The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As Ortho continues to grow, we are looking to hire an IT Business Relationship Lead in the Content Management Centers of Excellence team to partner with business teams to architect and lead Content Management (OpenText) projects as Ortho leverages existing capabilities and technology to enable business objectives.
This is a hands-on position that delivers thought leadership and project management leadership on large initiatives. Will be a key influencer in solving complex problems involving the extension of Ortho’s global use of OpenText to enable a vast array of Content Management technology. This position will require an excellent understanding of the business environment to assist in defining scope and helping to develop business cases and liaising with other departments in Global Information Systems. This position ideally is suited to a self-motivated individual, capable of operating with minimal levels of supervision.
This position requires in-depth knowledge and experience and uses best practices and knowledge of internal and external business processes to improve products and/or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Includes technical support of the existing OpenText content management framework, implementation of new capabilities, and knowledge in other Ortho content management platforms (e.g. SharePoint). Will also assist Corporate Services initiatives & sustainment activities using our System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process into robust and valued solutions. This is a remote position within the US Eastern time zone.
- Maintain positive relationships with business area subject matter experts through teamwork and communication. Provide sound solutions to complex business problems surrounding Ortho’s Content Management environments.
- Provide sound solutions to complex business problems surrounding Ortho’s Content Management environments.
- Lead and participate in the design, configuration and testing of projects related to Content Management & Corporate Functions.
- Primary liaison with business for the support or existing applications and development of new applications.
- Technical support of the existing Open Text content management business solutions in one or more of the following areas:
- Content Server Administration
- Content Server Workflows
- SmartView and GUI configurations
- Content Server Account Management (Directory Services)
- Follow standard GIS prioritization and change management processes
- Follow System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process to design, develop and test complex solutions.
- Help steer the business to best leverage and provide technical direction for web enabled technologies provided via Content Management platform, and other technologies that integrate with it.
- Become an expert in business processes, and work with the business to help define and document, requirements to support deployment of new systems as well as enhancements to existing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Marketing, HR, Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science) or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Minimum of 7 years of IT professional experience plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the implementation and technical support of OpenText enterprise content management systems in one or more of the following areas:
- Content Server
- Directory Services
- GIS Development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technical experience with one or more content management solutions (OpenText, SharePoint, etc).
- Computer skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word), Proficiency with JAVA and SQL
- Proven project management track record in delivering global projects from inception thought to completion. Develop, execute and adjust a plan with high degree of independence.
- Experience partnering with a matrix teamed of professionals; and communicating with various levels of management is highly desired. Ability to work with all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to motivate others and a customer-focused attitude.
- Strong prioritization skills to achieve long-term and short-term results
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization, and collaborate with other departments and teams.
- Ability to determine customer-specific needs and put forth actions to meet those needs.
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position.