Virtela, an NTT Communications Company, is the leading innovator in global cloud networking. We deliver award-winning services in managed networks, security, cloud, and IT infrastructure management. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by numerous industry awards during the past year.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business stakeholders, end users, application architects and developers to provide maximum business systems uptime and performance 24x7x365.
- Managing a team of Windows System Administrators to provide IT design and operational support for all Business IT infrastructures.
- Lead a globally distributed Desk side support team, providing operational support for Virtela’s business and operational infrastructure.
- Design and Support various business applications such as Exchange/AD, SharePoint, Remote Access solutions, and other content management and business solutions.
- Will act as a primary point of contact for Virtela’s IT team for change control activities, production control, and new systems roll-out relating to all IT infrastructures.
- Will foster innovation, to deliver high impact IT solutions, and coordinate the evaluation, business process integration and automation deployment, and operation of all IT systems across the company.
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional customer service orientation with an ability to motivate others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to interact with Sr. Executive’s on the IT team’s strategic direction and proposed initiatives, project tracking and reporting for the team’s operational performance.
- Experience managing a Managed Service Provider’s IT operations, including System Architects, Administrators, and a Global Enterprise Support Desk
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Servers, and Desktop solutions.
- Previous experience building and supporting Operational and Business Support Systems is desired. From Ordering and Quoting tools, to Billing systems and invoicing.
- Must possess a strong creatively ability to apply IT to solve business problems with automation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Superior analytical, technical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working with Linux systems is desired.
- BS Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience desirable
- Willingness to field communication or conduct occasional project work outside of normal working hours, as needed
- Ability to work effectively with clients, senior management, staff and vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.