The IT Systems Manager works in support of information technology requirements across the Willis Towers Watson organization, specifically the Individual Marketplace line of business. The candidate will be responsible for leading the systems and networking teams as well as collaborating with all departments and will report to the Director of Information Technology. He or she will provide planning, technical expertise, and direction regarding systems and network modeling for both local and wide area host network resources. This individual will be the systems & networking subject matter expert and a key member in technology decision making. This position will maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state of the art computer/network system technologies, architectures, and security products.
- Manage direct-reports and appropriately staff team(s) within the InformationTechnology organization focusing on IT systems and networking initiatives.
- Lead/participate in the design and implementation of large-scale information technology projects in storage, compute, networking, security and application support.
- Conduct quarterly goal setting and performance reviews with direct report employees.
- Determine gaps within professional skillets in order to provide mentoring and training.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in operating unit in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of value drivers for Individual Marketplace and customer business units in order to inspire and achieve innovative value creation strategies.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with groups involved with information technology matters such as Information Security, Development, Database Development, Operations, HR, and compliance organizations.
- Lead/Participate on interdisciplinary teams of developers, engineers, architects, and operations personnel to ensure best practices are followed.
- 8+ years in Information Technology.
- 3+ years in Information Technology management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Equivalent Professional Experience.
- Proven, broad, in-depth technical knowledge of IT principles and process is required.
- Possess the relationship skills, cultural awareness, and organizational prowess required to work effectively in a highly-matrixed organization. Capable of delivering results through a position of influence and authority. Take personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Adept at communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences with varying skills sets.
- Written and verbal communication skills are critical. Must be able to communicate with the technology providers as well as with business leaders. An ability to understand the technical details and communicate at a high level is essential.
- Experience in building large-scale, multi-tier application and network deployments in collaboration with network, infrastructure, voice, development, and database development teams.
- Familiar with networking & security technologies such as Cisco switches/firewalls, IPS, F5, web proxies, etc.
- Experience with systems & infrastructure technologies such as Exchange, SCCM, VMware, Cisco UCS, NetApp, etc.
- Working experience with IaaS providers such as Azure and AWS.
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements including SSAE16 SOC I & II, SOX and HIPAA.
This description is not intended to represent the full scope of tasks that may be assigned to this role. However, it is intended to represent the broad array of tasks that the employee will be responsible for completing on a regular basis.