We are looking for IT Systems Engineer for our client in Washington, DC
Job Title: IT Systems Engineer
Job Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The individual (Systems Engineer & Developer) will contribute to product delivery within a scaled agile framework by ensuring that common architecture decisions are implemented consistently across business and IT in order to support the business and IT strategy.
- Perform research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver IT architecture solutions that are appropriate for the business and IT strategies in one or more domains.
- Responsible for the Design, Customization, and Implementation of robust, secure, scalable systems across n-tier platforms in a highly integrated enterprise environment.
- Work with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design and maintain a technical architecture based on the existing standards and processes that meets the strategic needs of the business and integrates with other business and IT Processes.
- Support, resolve and document technical and integration issues.
- Assist with technical writing for sprint teams, to include code documentation, release notes, and user story updates.
- This may also include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture.
- Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Advise leadership on technologyarchitecture issues.
- Ensure compatibility of solutions across business units.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-10 years IT Experience in lieu of Degree
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experienceworking with the following platforms: UNIX, RedHat JBoss, Apache Camel OR 5years of multiple technology, platform, applications experience.
- Experience integrating and maintaining moderately complex to extremely complex applications throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle SDLC).
- These applications can be a combination of in-house developed applications or Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications.
- Experience with application deployments to include multiple web server code deployment, database connectivity, Analytics and Reporting, and Workflow integration.
- Promote the development of technical infrastructure/architecture and standards to enable delivery to business domains.