- RedHat / CentOS Linux on x64 blades (installation and configuration)
- Shell/Perl/Python scripts for automation and monitoring
- Veritas NetBackup
- NetApp Cluster
- NFS, NIS, DNS, SMTP, FTP / SFTP, SSH
- Blade server installation and configuration
- Server virtualization using VMWare and RHEV
- Samba Configuration
- Monitoring software's - Solarwinds, Nagios and Cacti
- Security of the infrastructure
- Change Management in a framework that keeps all parties involved and informed
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- 10 - 12 years of progressive Unix/Linux Systems Administration experience. BS degree or equivalent experience
- Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in at least two shell/scripting languages
- Experience with automated configuration management (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, etc.,)
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.)
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc.)
- Experience in a high availability data center environment
- NetApp Cluster and 7-Mode support
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be: detail oriented, an organized thinker and able to work in demanding conditions.
- Willing to handle trouble at night (although the stability of the environment means calls are rare)
- Willing to handle maintenance at times that are driven by the availability requirements (occasional weekend change implementation)
- Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Integrity, Creativity, Intellectual Curiosity, High Standards, Persistence, and Achievement oriented.
- Self-motivated, Team player who is nevertheless able to work with minimum supervision.
- A strong willingness to learn new skills.
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures
- Familiarity with EDA tools, toolchains, and workflows
- Experience with VDI and thin client technologies