Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 25 days ago
IT Systems Engineer (Job Number:443352)
- The IT Infrastructure Operations services provides server and associated security and network support in the areas of planning, designing, implementing, maintaining, securing, monitoring, and documenting the complex IT environment.
- The IT Systems Engineer will be primary point of contact for coordination of IT infrastructure service requests that involve other IT support teams, and with vendors of hardware and software.
- The IT Systems Engineer will ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to and in collaboration with others are amended or developed as needed.
- Ensuring all Incident, Change, and Problem Management Processes are followed to implement all system changes.
- Ensure system availability of 99.6% or higher (including scheduled and unscheduled downtime) on each server administered.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Ensure review of requests and incidents for trends, root causes, and repeating issues and develop mitigating strategies to reduce support load.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Ensure documentation and procedures are adhered to achieve high level customer satisfaction and ensure the agency meets its documented service levels.
- Adhere to all federal, HHS, and NIH IT security policies and ensure the IT environment is secure.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience in IT Systems engineering; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Experience using, patching and administrating ServiceNow, Altiris Client Management Suite or Absolute Manage
- Experience with VMware, Red Hat, Oracle, SharePoint, IIS, Apache, and SQL databases
- Public Trust Clearance
- One of more of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Red Hat: RHCSA or RHCE, Apple Certified System Administrator, Linux Professional Institute (LPI): LPIC System Administrator, CompTIA Server+, VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP- DCV), ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, ITIL certification, CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- IBM XIV SAN and Dell PowerVault and Isilon IQ storage system familiarization.
- ITIL certification; CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Agency enterprise systems such as NIH Business System (NBS), electronic Research Administration (eRA), Central Email (Exchange), Integrated Time and Assistance System (ITAS), and others.
- NIH Experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability