Candidate will operate primarily out of a government facility supporting the Missile Defense Agency's Digital Modeling and Simulation program. This position involves hands-on support for MDA's Digital Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) simulation used in the assessment of MDA's tactical systems. Tasks include installation and configuration of the simulation software, troubleshooting and root cause analysis of anomalies and defects, and the providing of technical support during various MDA activities. These tasks will primarily be performed in the local government facility with some travel required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducting Systems Engineering activities for a Department of Defense virtual Network.
· Assist in developing project schedules, road-maps, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and other project management requirements.
· Working as a team member on project based initiatives.
· Delivering superior client support, both on-site and remotely.
· Providing customer guidance that helps achieve modeling and simulation objectives.
· Develop a plan to automate process and procedures, to include tool development.
· Draft Engineering Web Services (EWS) system and other enterprise system engineering plans (SEPs).
· Provide System Engineering support in identifying EWS risks, and further, develop risk mitigation strategies.
· Provide System Engineering support for the verification of the EWS system.
· Coordinates with IT management to formulate highly complex technical solutions.
· Identifies and implements solutions based on department initiatives, advises IT management of concerns/contingencies, and actively participates in technical planning sessions.
· Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation and administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness and compatibility. Oversees and executes system upgrade strategies.
· Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Initiates reviews as appropriate.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
· Five (5) to eight (8) years directly related experience.
· Demonstrated understanding of the BMDS mission, architectures, behaviors and capabilities.
· This position requires the selected candidate have an active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Officer, Project and Visio.
· Experience with hardware/software/network integration.
· Experience with troubleshooting hardware defects.
· PMP preferred.
Security Clearance Requirements:
· Position requires that candidate possess, or be able to acquire an active TOP SECRET security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible to support this position.