Lake Charles, LA
Industry: Hospitality & Recreation•
Not Specified years
Posted 65 days ago
• Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and departmental policies and procedures.
• Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
• Retrieve and update service call information from the Help Desk management software in order to resolve data and voice network issues assigned to the Network Service team.
• Enhance network administration team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions: answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
• Perform hardware/software installation, maintenance, support and documentation of hardware.
• Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Diagnose and resolve hardware and cabling issues as they may arise.
• Troubleshoot problems as reported by users and automated network monitoring systems and make recommendations for enhancements in the constructions of future servers and other network appliances and transport media.
• Stay abreast of current trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicate pertinent information to management, peers, direct reports and employees as appropriate.
• Promote positive public/employee relations at all times.
• Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
• Safeguard the confidential information of all employee, department and company records.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
• Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations. • Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
• Gaming and/or hospitality experience preferred.
• Experience writing technical and business specifications.
• Experience with Business Analysis, Systems Engineering, Operations Planning, Process Engineering.
• Ability to effectively communicate technology capabilities to Operations teams in order for Operations teams to be able to support the new technology.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have solid decision-making, organization, and interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal communication skills are required. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment. Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationships with all individuals. Ability to work occasional overtime and irregular hours.