We’re looking for people who share our core values, thrive on the challenge of working on the cutting edge of technology, and are passionate about excellence. If you are looking for a challenge and have what it takes to build a great company in the hottest sector of the IT industry, we offer a chance to develop your career and share in the rewards of creating something special.
We are seeking an organized, efficient IT Systems Engineer to join our growing company. This person will be based in our Burlington office with remote support to Cygilant’s global offices. The ideal candidate will be able to organize their own work schedule and integrate successfully with a rapidly expanding team.
In this position, you will report to the IT Manager in our Belfast office.
- Resolve Help Desk tickets in a timely manner.
- Respond to issues while providing excellent customer assistance.
- Run diagnostics to resolve reported issues.
- Set up and image new user profiles.
- Escalate issues to the IT Manager when needed.
- Adhere and enforce the company Acceptable Use Policy and guidelines.
- In partnership with IT Manager ensure company follows GDPR regulations and SOC audit compliance.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Deliver IT systems and services to support business objectives.
- Management of datacentres, security, networks and client access services.
- Technical support services for infrastructure (such as SANS, virtualised servers, operating systems, storage, middleware products etc.).
- Network services such TCP/IP network equipment and software, email, directories, firewalls, DNS, etc.
- Assist with security audits and investigation of security breaches and incidents.
- Assist in the development, implementation and testing of robust backup and business continuity procedures for services.
- Assist in the design, implementation, development and support of complex ICT solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly
- Experience working with Windows, Linux, and MacOS environments
- Strong ability to problem-solve and customer service oriented.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- O365 experience
- Remonte support applications logein etc
- Telephone and VOIP management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 4 years of experience within a help desk/support environment
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Prefer experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft platforms, Linux, Exchange, MS SQL, Apache and IIS web servers and MS SharePoint.
- Prefer experience with network devices such as Cisco, Juniper and Fortinet.