To resolve escalated service issues coaching other staff to resolutions, to engineer and implement complex projects, and to maintain and oversee the technology of assigned spheres of influence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, implements and maintains systems lifecycle management, security, resiliency and performance of production and non-production environments.
- Drives architectural improvements and standardization for the IT environment including choice of networking infrastructure, hardware, monitoring software and associated application infrastructure.
- Provides 3rd tier on-site and/or remote technical support as necessary.
- Provides lifecycle management and capacity planning for infrastructure across the entire organization.
- Plans and remediates security vulnerabilities.
- Provides remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, Citrix, and Hyper-V.
- Develops and maintains IT documentation.
- Leads disaster recovery planning and testing as required.
- Enforces information security approved industry and internally developed standards.
- Ensures backups strategy and execution.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
Eight (8) years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining technology infrastructure or equivalent combination of education and experience required. To include experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows and UNIX/Linux based environments and managing and monitoring Exchange Server 2003-2016, Windows Server 2003-2016 and MSCE Server infrastructure.
Skills & Knowledge
- Solid cloud based application knowledge preferably Azure
- Solid virtualization and containerization knowledge (e.g., Hyper-V, vSphere, Citrix, SQL, and Terminal Services)
- Solid knowledge of VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, Palo Alto, OpenVPN, IPSec)
- Solid knowledge of security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and/or other security related technologies
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.