Q2 is seeking a talented IT Systems Architect (ITSA) to join our team and partner with our Development and DevOps organizations in building resilient, reliable, and scalable solutions for our Customers.
The Information Technology Systems Architect team establishes and evolves application and infrastructurearchitecture designs that align with business strategies and creates model driven system architectures. Providing strategic technical leadership for applications under development or major system enhancements for existing applications; the ITSA candidate will be responsible for the planning and deployment of applications, data and infrastructure platforms. This individual will also participate in the research, review, analysis, recommendation, and implementation of enterprise information standards, architectures and technology on-boarding processes.
From developing deep Q2 application and infrastructure expertise, building engaging cross departmental relationships, mentoring others on new and exciting technologies, creating automation to drive operational efficiencies, troubleshooting critical infrastructure, and leveraging your inter-personal skills to influence others, your opportunities to make a significant impact at Q2 are endless.
Successful candidates will possess an innate desire to take on challenging problems and enjoy working cross functionally with team members from Product, Development, DevOps, and other Operational Business Units. The desire to help Q2 be the best and deliver industry leading solutions motivates you to solve complex problems while remaining cool under pressure.
While being passionate about what you do, you also have the ability to work quickly and move from task to task. You will allow Q2 to move fast by acting as a liaison between Development and Hosting Infrastructure teams to help bring new products and features to market quickly!
- Represents desired Architectural design and enforces standards on technology projects
- On-boards new technologies that will be leveraged to delivery new products and features
- Act as a liaison between Product and Development and the IT Infrastructure teams to deliver JIT infrastructure delivery in the spirit of architecting and on-boarding new solutions
- Serve as SME on specific technologies such as Distributed System Orchestration, Enterprise Message Bus, Centralized Logging, and more
- Participate in Joint Application Design (JAD) meetings with Product
- Assesses cloud readiness and presents case by case business justifications for cloud versus on-premise design
- Maintain technology road-maps for the different business units of the organization
- Socialize plan formally within the IT organization via presentation as well as virtual teams
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and private policies and controls are adhered to
- Develop solutions for enterprise issues given requirements
- Participate on an On-Call rotation where you’ll serve as a direct line of Support for newly on-boarded technologies and an escalation resource for technical issues that cannot be resolved within the IT Hosting Operations teams.
- 10-15 years of IT or Development experience with an emphasis on Systems Administration (preferably Linux)
- 5-7 years of experience in the design and implementation of critical applications for multi-tenant applications
- 2-5 years of experience developing and implementing multi-tenant distributed architecture while utilizing container orchestration solutions such as Kubernetes, Puppet, Nomad, etc.
- 2-5 years leveraging automation for system build and configuration management
- 2-5 years operational experience implementing and deploying solutions in AWS or Azure
- 2-5 years operational experience implementing an Enterprise Messaging Systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Knowledge of HashiCorp products such as Consul, Vault, and Nomad is highly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating systems, network hardware and software, systems management, storage systems, processing infrastructure, capacity, scalability, and cross platform systems management
- Foundational knowledge of Postgres and MySQL database management, principles, and concepts
- Applicable computer operating systems and programming languages such as Ansible, Bash, Powershell, Python, etc.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external staff to ensure exceptional commitment to organizational objectives.
- Ability to make sound evaluative judgments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize own work and that of others within a dynamic environment
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to excel through job ambiguity
- Aptitude and desire to learn and apply new technologies