We're looking for an experienced Information Technology Systems Architect to join our growing IT team. This role will be reporting to the Director of IT & Security. Our IT team, which currently includes an IT Specialist and an IT Systems Support Analyst, builds, scales, and maintains the corporate IT infrastructure using technical tools and innovative processes to help make IT at PathAI easy, instant, and omnipresent. Above all, we take pride in providing exceptional customer service to all of our stakeholders. We believe in using the best tool for the job and, while we’re always looking to improve, tools and platforms used in this role include:
- Operating systems - e.g. Linux, MacOS, Windows
- Networking - e.g. Ubiquiti, Meraki, Juniper
- Cloud services - e.g. AWS, Google, Aptible
- Source code management and issue tracking - e.g. Gitlab, Jira, GitHub
- Secrets management - e.g. Hashicorp Vault
- IAC - e.g. Ansible, Troposphere, Terraform
If you're the right candidate for this hands-on role, you'll be part of the PathAI IT team in no time and be able to:
- Provide excellent in-person and remote customer service to stakeholders at PathAI.
- Lead the team in building and supporting resilient, innovative, and scalable network and server environments on-prem and in the cloud.
- Implement and administer backend IT infrastructure, including switches, wireless APs, VPN, and servers.
- Design, implement, and maintain complex IT infrastructure through code using tools like Ansible, Troposphere, and Terraform.
- Define and lead large-scale projects with detailed plans for execution while minimizing adverse impact to end-users.
- Mentor junior IT staff and serve as an escalation point for more complex IT support requests.
- Collaborate with the information security team on projects and security operations, including incident response, business continuity, and risk management.
- Routinely work alongside other technical teams, like SRE and Product Engineering, on organization-wide projects.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. You’ve had lots of exposure to different IT environments, typically via 10-15 years of work in this field.
- Entrepreneurship. You regularly collaborate with other teams, and you enjoy the challenge of independently scoping out and leading big projects doing what’s necessary to get things done.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- Problem-solving. You’re used to being seen as a technical leader and are comfortable solving thorny problems while effectively engaging junior colleagues in the process.
- An insatiable appetite for innovation and applying your technical skills in novel ways.