T Systems Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA atLiberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.
Date Posted: 6/25/2019
Not Ready To Apply?
Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. (Liberty) is one of the nation's largest and most experienced lenders of Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM), also known as reverse mortgages. For over a decade, Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. (Liberty) has been committed to helping seniors gain financial independence and security through Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECMs).
Based in Sacramento, California, Liberty is one of the nation's largest and most experienced lenders, focusing exclusively on providing HECM loans to senior clients and wholesale business partners. We have helped change the lives of over 60,000 clients since 2004 while providing education and lending solutions to over 1,000 business partners across the U.S.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst to join our IT team in Rancho Cordova, CA. The QA Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of testing for our reverse mortgage software applications. This person will become an expert in the business's processes and the software systems used in processing reverse mortgage loans and will lead software automation processes. The idealcandidate will be someone with a background in the mortgage industry, a solid understanding of various technology platforms, very strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Develop test plans, write test cases, and execute tests for major and minor updates to our reverse mortgage software programs including Loan Origination System, Broker partner collaboration portal and other 3rd party services.
- Perform all aspects of testing including functional, regression, load, performance and system testing.
- Create and track software defects and test resolutions.
- Contribute towards development and implementation of Test Automation.
- Escalate issues when necessary and work with IT team for resolving blockers.
- Participating in daily scrum meetings to give status updates.
- Contribute to knowledgebase related to system software, QA process and practices.
- Facilitate and do end user demos, gather feedback and report back to IT team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Four year degree from an accredited university preferred
- Professional certification preferred
- 7+ years of Information Technology experience
- 5 or more years' experience testing complex software applications.
- Experience building test plans, writing and executing test cases, tracking test results and managing defects.
- Experience in performing functional and regression testing.
- Experience using tools such as JIRA/Zephyr for tracking requirements.
- Hands on experience with front-end automation framework such as Selenium, WebDriver, Appium or Capybara
- Solid knowledge of best practices, techniques and methodologies related to software quality assurance.
- 5+ years' experience working on the software development life-cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience using SQL to write moderately complex queries to validate the appropriate back end data verification.
- Experience using Web services, XML, Json concepts, Github/Sourcetree/Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of the forward or reverse mortgage industry, ideally around the processing, underwriting, closing and funding.
- Knowledge of security vulnerability testing.
- Experience in writing user stories.
- Understanding of relational databases, client-server and web-based application concepts.
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.