A Boar's Head Business Functional IT Systems Analyst I (SA) is a key analytical and techno-functional resource that is a part of the IT application development team that supports our Distribution & Ops area, a team driven to identify, develop and deliver innovative solutions that are in alignment with the company's' top goals.Job Description:
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Systems Analysis Specific duties
- Work on upcoming enterprise level projects automating and modernizing Boar's Head food manufacturing operations, facility management as well as enhancing existing Oracle E-Business Suite functionalities.
- Help lead IT and Business teams thru Functional Strategy –identify and outline Oracle key functions, best practices, optimal configuration, deployment options, and identify limitations with an emphasis on decision support that is amenable to the two groups;
- Facilitate/Lead and Document Gap-Fit Analysis – Evaluate current state, proposed future state, identify any gaps and provide advice and recommendations for achieving the desired future state and minimize potentially negative downstream limitations with other Oracle modules or legacy systems;
- Define and/or develop use cases or user scenarios – Consulting and direction that include assisting with the development of quantifiable metrics that the project team can use to identify and measure successful outcomes in the designed scenarios. Example scenarios include activities such as outlining error handling or evaluating reporting requirements;
- Document requirements and functional specifications (leverage standard templates similar to an MD50) as well as performing and documenting configurations and personalizations (BR100).
- Assist project team in the review and approval of technical architecture/design diagrams and documents ensuring alignment with defined requirements/solution design.
- Assist project team in the review and approval of test strategies and plans ensuring end to end coverage for stable delivery of product.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts in information gathered, ability to decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs and then transfers the same knowledge to development team.
- Sign-off on functional requirements and process documentation from the appropriate business process owners and all key impacted stakeholders.
- Support roll-outs of new and expanding processes/projects.
- Demonstrates strong oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with business partners and internal team members
- Demonstrates strong written communications skills, including the ability to produce clear and concise recommendations, business requirements and/or functional specifications
- Facilitates large scale meetings with all levels of the company, clearly articulating objectives and identified next steps
- Communicates technical concepts and issues to non-technical people
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, MIS, IT, Computer Science, System/ Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Overall experience not exceeding 12 years.
Must Have Experience:
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in IT Support & Development of Web based software with emphasis on the following areas as QA and/or functional system analyst.
- Experience in implementation / support of QMS Application like ETQ, Intellect or any other system.
- OR Experience in PLM / Food Safety & Quality and Food R&D processes and softwares like Infor Optiva, Laboratory Information Management System (Titan/LIMS)
- Development experience of Web / Enterprise applications / REST APIs using Java language.
- Should have performed requirement gathering, solution design/implementation and business support activities
- Should have understanding of SDLC process
- Oracle SQL scripting
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Should have good communication skills
- Any experience with Oracle or other ERP systems
- QA Software Testing experience in both Functional and Automated testing capabilities.
- Able to work closely with QA Automation Engineer following test case design standards.
- Able to work with DEV and BA, analyze the requirement, ask the right questions to build manual test cases.
- Experience with SQL for back-end testing/validation.
- Hands on experience and proficiency with the full Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio.
- Self-starter/motivator and having a proactive and strategic mindset are a must
- Strong Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong Collaboration & Coalition Building Skills
- Other responsibilities may be added at the manager's discretion.