Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) Syracuse has a need for a Systems Administrator to join our team. CPP Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 75 years. We have over 200 employees currently working in our Chittenango, NY facility. The Systems Administrator manages the daily operations of the various Windows Servers, Hardware platforms including physical hosts and SANs. Analyzes systems operation to maintain and improve reliability and performance.
Responsible for maintenance of systems, provides technical guidance, makes performance recommendations, and systems troubleshooting. Position requires supporting the goals of the entire CPP organization and helping ensure IT Services are highly available across all sites.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Day to day administration, monitoring and support of Active Directory and Windows systems
- Maintenance of dedicated private networks and equipment within the factory environment
- Research, test, approve and apply MS security patches to ensure systems meet security requirements
- Manage and maintain SAN and NAS environments
- Proactive management of Systems Security, and timely testing of patches for various networked equipment
- Monitor server performance and make recommendations for improvements
- Aid and guidance to other system administrators, field support and help desk staff on all windows server related issues
- Provide and update documentation as required
- Assist with the management of Group Policies and Active Directory
- Assist other System Administrators with various application and system support issues as needed
- Maintain standards for software configurations on the server
- Troubleshoot all server related hardware and software problems and perform preventative maintenance as required
- Ability to travel
- Other duties as assigned
- MandatoryMust have excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 and Windows 2019.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and LAN/WAN environments
- Experience with networking on PLC’s and other IoT equipment
- Experience with Aruba/HPE Internal LAN Networking.
- 3-5+ years as administrator for multi-site environment including Active Directory and Group Policy administration, DHCP, DNS, RDS and Certificate Services.
- Experience with enterprise-class backup systems, Local Area Networks, Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage.
- Experience with capacity planning, performance tuning and metrics analysis.
- Experience with native and 3rd-party monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of VMware and other virtualization technologies.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- USA Citizenship (ITAR Compliant)
- Excellent ability to work efficiently with internal technology collaborators and business groups.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple sites and networks.
- Attention to detail with strong communication and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in PowerShell Scripting
- PreferredCumulative knowledge that demonstrates the characteristics of a life-long learner.
- MCSE Certification
- Cyber Security experience within the NIST 800-171 and DFARS frameworks
- ITIL experience or certification