Purpose and Scope
Under general supervision, provides a variety of computer systems administration and support tasks, including analyzing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting PC/Server hardware, operating systems, software applications, SANS and backup for an organization of 500+ nodes and 70+ servers. Subject matter expert in Exchange, Active Directory, and larger scale Enterprise environments that create homogeneous environments and consistent platform architecture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Administration and Management of VMWare infrastructure including VSphere, ESXi, virtual machine deployment, upgrades and maintenance.
• Support and maintenance of data storage systems.
• Ensure compliance to cGMPs and Company policies and procedures.
• Support and participate in computer systems validations and associated processes.
• Support IT projects such as upgrades, training and troubleshooting as assigned.
• Support and maintenance of Exchange email environment.
• Support Video Conferencing System and technologies.
• Interact with internal business/departmental customers and external vendors.
• Support, maintenance and operation of backup and disaster recovery services.
• Support and maintenance of MS Active Directory environment including group policy, DNS, DHCP, CA, LDAP etc.
• Support and maintenance of Anti-Virus/Malware services/Spam Filtering/Web filtering.
• Support and maintenance of Operating system patch management.
• Experience with Telephony systems supporting Moves/Adds/Changes and system maintenance
• Experience with Unified messaging (Cisco or Siemens) systems and ACD.
• Experience with building operational efficiencies within infrastructure operations team through process development.
• Development and document of IT processes.
• Advise IT Management of potential computer/network/communication/data system threats and provide recommend solutions.
• Deploy new systems, software and infrastructure campus wide.
• Provide assistance with Network infrastructure and DBA personnel in project deployment, upgrades and support.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requirements Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of MS Active Directory/MS Server 2008 required.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Exchange environment required including server roles, policies and active sync.
• Working knowledge of Cisco Call Manager/Cisco IOS or equivalent.
• Able to provide hands-on support for Windows server/desktop operating systems, MSOffice Suite, Outlook Email, and Anti-Virus.
• Working knowledge of network hardware and network storage.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to lift 20 lbs.
• Good oral and written communication skills, great customer service skills and the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five or more years’ experience in Systems Administration or related position.
• VMWare VCP desirable.
• Microsoft MCSE or equivalent desirable.
• ITIL certification