The IT Systems Administrator (ITSA) will provide technical support to maintain the organization’s computational systems, both hardware and software and other peripheral equipment to ensure optimal performance so that end users can maintain high productivity and efficiency. In addition to the below duties, the ITSA may be required to work outside standard hours to ensure system maintenance, provide basic to advanced server hardware and software support, and assist in resolving daily help desk tickets and in completing team project tasks. The candidate will be aligned with four fundamental pillars of Landos’ corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
Sourcing, installation, configuration and maintenance of servers, workstations, and laptops commensurate with company’s business needs.
- New account set up and active directory administration.
- Implementation of a company-wide IT ticketing process for identifying issues and resolving them in less than 8 hours.
- HPC hardware and software administration in a clustered environment, scalability and performance optimization.
- Be familiar with virtual environments, including backups, patching and security implementation.
- Analyze and troubleshoot system incidents and resolve technical issues in a timely manner using available resources.
- Managing IT infrastructure and backup.
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Managing filing system.
- Recording information as needed.
- Greeting clients and visitors as needed.
- Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Organizing travel by booking travel accommodations and reservations needs as required.
- Coordinating events as necessary.
- Maintaining supply inventory.
- Maintaining office equipment as needed.
- Aiding with visitor reception as needed.
- Placing orders and receiving packages.
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
- Produce detailed reports on the efficacy of the technology to the executive team.
- Independently contribute to technical projects using creativity and imagination.
- Train staff on using the IT infrastructure including Netsuite and other specialized softwares.
- Use of HPC ecosystem (schedulers, filesystem, compiler licenses) is desirable.
- Team player, engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Faithfully performs any other tasks requested by the Chairman, President and CEO.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all the company deliberations and plans.
- Act in accordance with Landos’ policies and in alignment with the corporate culture.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of broad IT experience including talent management and performance management.
- Recent experience with implementing security best practices, as well as performing security assessments, including penetration testing and evaluating overall vulnerabilities for PCI compliance.
- Experience with managing and optimizing costs on an ongoing basis through rightsizing, instance planning, and automation based on usage patterns.
- Experience implementing and managing organization-wide equipment including firewalls, servers, PC’s, and remote workstations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.