- Responsible for managing the planning, implementation, availability, performance, security, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the I.T. infrastructure at designated company sites either locally or remotely.
- Responsible for advising and coordinating with applicable site management the proper planning, design, acquisition, testing, implementation, performance, security and documentation of the I.T. infrastructure of the site and / or companywide projects.
- Responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 audits.
- Responsible for the design, testing, implementation, administration, security, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of designated enterprise applications, excluding ERP and related applications, when directed.
- Supervise on site Technician when applicable.
- Maintain professional appearance and a proactive, customer oriented attitude.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the designated site(s) I.T. infrastructure, resources and supporting documentation. This includes end user support as well as data center / server room equipment and operations, hardware inventories, software licensing, applicable maintenance agreements, subscriptions and service contracts while controlling costs.
- Ensure maximum uptime of all data center / server room and critical production system related client computers by planning, implementing and testing system redundancies, increased maintenance and the timely and effective troubleshooting and resolution of Operating System, application and hardware issues.
- Ensure high availability of data including managing all aspects of data backup, data retention and data restore.
- Ensure compliance with established anti-virus and related standards / policies.
- Responsible for resolving Local Area Network (LAN) issues where applicable and coordinating with the Network Services regarding network or other infrastructure changes and Wide Area Network (WAN) / LAN issues and Internet issues.
- Act as the point of contact for IT related purchases including data center and end user hardware and software licenses and professional services.
- Manage the planning, documentation and implementation of the I.T. components of site specific and / or companywide projects or initiatives by advising and coordinating with the applicable functional leaders and / or teams.
- Maintain liaison and communications with all site departments regarding system activities and the relationship to business requirements.
- Prioritize, schedule, review and ensure the timely and effective resolution and documentation of issues and requests logged into the IT Help Desk ticketing system.
- Assist with the development of Corporate IT Policies and Procedures when directed and ensure implementation and compliance.
- Assist IT department peers in troubleshooting and support tasks when circumstances warrant.
- Perform and document internal Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 audits according to published schedules, policies and procedures.
- Perform and document Disaster Recovery and Incident Response testing when directed.
- Support the Business Applications Development and Network Services teams to accomplish I.T. Department and Company goals.
- Maintain and promote awareness of new technology trends and practices.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of the Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory Schema and Group Policies when directed and manage Active Directory User Accounts, Security and Distribution Groups and related change requests.
- Act as the primary or alternate point of contact for specific shared systems that support multiple sites when directed.
- Perform end user support tasks such as computer hardware acquisition, deployment, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and replacement.
- Provide support for Multi-Function Printers (MFPs) and related applications, desktop printers, scanners and faxing.
- Provide support for mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets.
- Provide basic support for Voice Over IP (VOIP) phones.
Skills & Qualifications
Previous IT experience within a manufacturing environment is a plus.
IT Help Desk ticketing system experience.
Able to respond to system issues outside of normal work hours.
Able to multi-task, think creatively and work proactively as part of a cross functional team both within and outside of the I.T. department.
Must be detail oriented, able to take direction and prioritize while multi-tasking.
Must be flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience/ Training / Education / Certification:
Five (5) years of experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and resolving issues with Intel and Microsoft Windows based server and client hardware and operating systems
Virtual Machine management with Microsoft Hyper-V
Microsoft Active Directory
Experience with PowerShell, VBScript or other scripting languages is preferred
TCP/IP, DHCP, Domain Name Service (DNS)
File Transfer Protocol (FTP, SFTP, FTP over SSL)
File and print services
“Security +” Certification preferred and / or experience with evolving industry security best practices.
Anti-Virus application management and support experience
Microsoft Office 365 experience
Microsoft Exchange experience is preferred.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification for 2012 or 2016 is preferred.
Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).