The IT Systems Administrator assists in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the IT networks and systems throughout the environment. The Systems Administrator must be able to effectively troubleshoot problems, identify solutions, and perform routine administration.
The IT Systems Administrator should have a combination of both technical and architectural skills. This role will have dual responsibilities for both maintaining and operating the network and systems, as well as designing the architecture for future system implementations. From a technical perspective the Systems Administrator should be well versed in core infrastructure technologies such as Active Directory, Windows server OS, SQL server, Storage Area Network (SAN) management, Virtual Machine (VM) management, PKI certificate management, and RADIUS authentication. Additionally, the Systems Administrator should have a strong background in the fundamentals of design and architecture for these technologies, as well as project experience leading new implementations in these areas.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for managing the relationships with the vendors and third-party partners included in Albemarle’s security, network, and infrastructure environments. These could include Managed Security Service Providers, Network Operations Centers (NOC), Security Operations Centers (SOC), Infrastructure Management Providers, and industry working groups. Additionally, vendor resources or other third parties will be used for specific project work on an as-needed basis. This relationship management will include understanding pricing models, forecasting demand, aligning capacity with demand, and leading Albemarle involvement in any problem resolution activities. Additionally, this systems manager will oversee engineering resources to execute projects on time and on budget by developing clear architectural patterns, technical implementation plans, and leading projects from envisioning to operating.
- Responsible for the technologies, processes, and service providers that deliver Albemarle’s infrastructure and technology platforms
- Develop and support standard operating procedures to simplify and streamline IT processes
- Provide operational and troubleshooting support for Albemarle’s networks and systems
- Manage service provider relationship for prioritization, task scheduling, and routing of work items
- Recommend and implement standards that ensure adherence to security policies and procedures
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software products for purchase
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Project management experience
- Direct experience managing infrastructure technologies, specifically in some of the following areas:
- Active Directory
- Windows Server OS
- SQL server
- Storage Area Network (SAN) management
- Virtual Machine (VM) Management
- RADIUS Authentication
- PKI Management
- Patch Management
Major in computer science, information technology, or related field.
At least 5 years experience in Information Technology and Infrastructure support