Description: The IT System and Network Administrator will maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. The IT System and Network Administrator will ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently to advance our vision, mission, and values.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Manager, IT, based in our Malvern, PA office.
- Design, install, and configure network, software, and hardware
- Manage servers and technology tools
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure through access controls, backups and firewalls, etc.
- Manage the upgrade of systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Maintain and update documentation of procedures and configurations as required
- Manage assigned service providers to agreed SLA’s
- Maintain awareness or risks that affect the infrastructure
- Continual assessment of infrastructure and provide rapid remediation of risk as necessary
- Recommend software and hardware solutions comprising of upgrades and new acquisitions
- Inform management about industry innovations and recommend relevant upgrades
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field preferred
Required Skills / Experience:
- Proven experience as a system and network administrator (10+ years)
- Experience with managed service providers
- Experience with hosted data centers, server management, and infrastructure design
- Ability to clearly present work and ideas
- Experience with networks (LAN, WAN) and networking devices
- Experience with patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems, best practices for security and system configuration).
- Knowledge of IT General Controls (ITGC)
- Experience with data backup and recovery including disaster recovery
- Comfortable with a fast-paced always-on environment
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, resourcefulness, and have a problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills including ability to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users as needed.
- Awareness of U.S. and international security standards and best practices such as ISO, HIPAA, GDPR, SOX, etc.
- Follow a prioritization processes to maintain a sense of urgency about getting work completed
- Participate in projects, tasks, or other ad hoc duties as assigned