NCI: As an IT Support Technician- Intermediate, you will serve as the primary support technician and representative for the National Capital Region, Directorate of Information Management (NCR DOIM) ALT Site Operations. The candidate will provide personal professional assistance for National Guard standard hardware/software installs and configuration, diagnosing of desktop/laptop hardware/software problems, and printer troubleshooting, as well as user support during exercises and site activation. Professional interaction with the customers by phone, remote control of desktop, and desk-side visits. Requests may involve working with other resources and vendors to deliver effective support services. This individual will be the first level of assistance for the NCR DOIM and maintain professionalism at all times. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Image workstations and laptops with the National Guard standard desktop image.
- Perform software installs, life cycle equipment replacement, data moves and maintenance of all IT infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot software/hardware problems.
- Provide PC and laptop support, problem analysis, and hardware/software installation and configuration.
- Provide phone, remote, and desk-side technical support to users
- Configuration of systems, communications devices, and peripheral equipment.
- Set up and facilitate Video Teleconferencing as necessary.
- Conduct desk-side training for site personnel in proper use of hardware and software.
- Evaluate, prioritize, and solve tickets and escalate all tickets to the appropriate Tier Support during site activation or as necessary:
- Assigning ticket severity
- Updating service work notes
- Prioritizing work to resolve complex support client issues
- Establishing a high level of personal credibility and building strong relationships
- Maintaining ownership of service tickets throughout the life span of the support request
- Collaborating with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve requests
- Providing updates, status, and completion information to management
- Follow-up with users/customers to ensure resolution of issues to the satisfaction of the user/customer. Closing tickets only when the resolution to the issue has been reached, to the satisfaction of the user/customer.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, or otherevents as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Government, contract or supervisors in coordination with the SLAs.
- The Government standard software includes but is not limited to:
- Windows 7, Windows 10
- Office 2013
- Internet Explorer/Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Acrobat (XI Pro)
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave
- Various Air and Army National Guard software.
- 5+ years of experience or equivalent with similar role and complexity
- A+ certification as a minimum, Security+/Network+ desired
- Active Directory experience
- Imaging with Microsoft SCCM
- VMWare (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) administration experience
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting for computers and printers
- Excellent customer service skills, and experience working in a customer service environment
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Possess customer service, communication, problem-solving, analytical, troubleshooting, team work interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate with others in an efficient and professional manner
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Maintain professional appearance as an example of the organization
Preferred Education and Experience:
- B.S. Degree in computer science or similar field, or 5+ years equivalent job experience
Ticketing systems; IssueTrak
- Hardware configuration/repair of various makes/models of computers and printers
- Familiarity with working in a military environment
- Understanding of OPSEC requirements
- Some knowledge of Quality Management and Configuration Management principles