IT Support Specialist
Aveox is an industry leader in designing and producing low-weight/high-powered brushless DC motor and controller solutions for a variety of aviation, aerospace, medical, and industrial customers; we have continually developed and applied innovative motion control technology to meet our customers ultra-critical, environmentally-challenging, high power-density, low-EMI, superior-reliability requirements.
We are seeking an experienced I.T. Support Specialist responsible for leading efforts to support business needs regarding acquisition, setup, and troubleshooting of hardware/software, as well as maintain the physical infrastructure and soft administration of network connectivity. This liaison will also interface between our third-party IT services, such as our IT services provider, and collaborate with external IT consultants.
• Upholds the corporate IT Policy and facilitate the implementation of enterprise-wide projects such as standardization and asset management, Helpdesk support, and other creative endeavors.
• Installation and support of desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems, printers, network connectivity, and training of employees on its use
• Software and Hardware troubleshooting
• Maintaining an inventory of installed software managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades
• Assess IT infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure continual satisfaction of necessary demands
• Manage daily IT operations
• Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow, and improve customer satisfaction
• Coordinate the needs of onsite employees, remote employees, vendors (including CPI), and contractors
• Protect company and customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage, and other necessary means
• Offer suggestions for improvements and optimization of IT processes
• Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
• Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization
• Identify sources and trends of reoccurring technical problems to prevent future occurrences
• Creating user accounts and managing access control based on company policies
• Established ticketing system to track open issues
• Knowledge Base documentation
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of trends/technology of the industry.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results while maintaining a positive and professional company image.
• Administer PLEX including security, generate custom reports via programming or other WEB page management
• NIST 800-171 implementation and administration
• 2 or 4-year College degree in IT or related discipline or combination of education and/or experience.
• 1 year computer network or related infrastructure networking experience.
• 1 - 3 years of experience working with desktop computers, firewalls, Ethernet switches, laser printers, impact printers, and other peripherals.
• Must have experience with Microsoft Exchange/Microsoft Server, knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Domain services, and Networking protocols
• SQL experience
• Able to troubleshoot Microsoft Office 2007-2016 - including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
• Enjoys using and learning new technology in a self-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail and high accuracy in work; Neat and organized.
• Exercises some independent judgment and reasoning within established guidelines.
• Able to work under limited supervision.
• Great interpersonal skills or people skills.
• Able to multi-task, organize and prioritize work in a deadline driven environment.
• Ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
• Ability to handle highly confidential information discreetly and professionally.
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status
• BS in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
• MCSE certification
• Web site administration, programming and/or scripting skills
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Aveox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.