We are looking for IT Support Specialist for our client in Morrow, GA
Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Job Location: Morrow, GA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Under general supervision of the Information Technology Director, the ITSS will provide technical support related to; computer systems, hardware and software for client
- Log & assign support calls within a help desk ticketing system, follow-up with customers, provide feedback and update ticket status with detailed descriptions from entry to resolution; and properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support or appropriate resources
- Use existing support tools to perform remote troubleshooting to resolve customer problems in a timely and accurate fashion
- Assist in updating and testing the PAC standard software configuration on desktops and laptops
- Provide support for user applications such as Microsoft Windows, Office 2016, and Office 365
- Analyze and evaluate issues and make recommendations to reduce future occurrences
- Identify standard hardware needs and coordinate repair and/or replacement on desktops, laptops, notebooks, printers and scanners; work with Dell rep to provide equipment quotes for District Attorney Offices to utilize in purchasing decisions
- Track computer assets such as desktops & laptops to include tracking warranty dates for computer refresh in all PAC and District Attorney offices; coordinate with local charity on disposal of surplus equipment
- Assist with office and equipment moves at the Morrow and Downtown Atlanta offices as needed
- Maintain an organized and tidy IT workroom and spare equipment room
- Provide after-hours IT support when scheduled and must be able to travel within the state to provide support onsite in District Attorney Offices (occasional travel, less than 10%)
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate?s degree in Information Technology or closely related field.
- Minimum four years of experience in helpdesk support.
- Also, the candidate must live within 20 miles of our office in Morrow, GA in Clayton County.
- Previous experience in an IT department for a work unit is highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments as a member of a team, and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and attention to detail is required.
- Candidate must demonstrate professionalism, enthusiasm and patience for serving customers and must be able to learn new tools and technologies as needed.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds is required.