The individual will work on a team responsible for providing a variety of network and technical support Information Technology (IT) services located at the U.S. Department of the Interior. This individual will be responsible for end-user desktop support (troubleshooting hardware, software, network connectivity, permissions, etc.). In addition the individual will need to be knowledgeable of requirements for ensuring STIG compliance, implementation/deployment of patches and software installations, etc. Individual will also be responsible for assisting with Continuity of Operations procedures with regards to supporting COOP plans and the testing/validation of those plans. Other responsibilities may include providing mobility support, performing system backups, and providing additional Accounting Reconciliation Tool (ART) and Document and Request Tracking (DaRT) management, development, and production support.
- Minimum of five years computer desktop and network support experience required
- Must have proven knowledge and experience in standalone and network related hardware, software, and peripherals
- Must have knowledge of Data at Rest, BigFix, Remedy, ServiceNow, BomGar, Continuity of Operations, Operating System Image appliance, Window, IOS, Linus
- Education: Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering (specialized help desk experience of six (6) years may be considered as equivalent qualification in lieu of an Associate’s Degree)
- Certifications: A+ certification , Network+ certification or higher level certifications (CISSP, CCNA, etc.) - PLUS
- Vendor training/certifications in Microsoft and Cisco a plus