Industry: Agriculture & Natural Resources•
5 - 7 years
Posted 24 days ago
Why our company is a great place to work …
Join a Fortune 300® company in the growing healthcare industry and work for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries’ highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300® Company and a member of the S&P 500® and NASDAQ 100® Indices, Henry Schein employs over 22,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $12.5 billion in 2017. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the “World’s Most Ethical Company” in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.
This position is responsible for providing basic, first line, technical support of IT related products and services, and healthcare related, digital imaging products and services for customers, field technicians, and field reps.
Typically 4 or more years of related experience.
Typically High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training. Bachelor’s degreepreferred.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Very good attention to detail and accuracy
• Customer service oriented and ability to work with and resolve complex issues
• Ability to plan and arrange activities
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to manage conflict
• Capacity to work effectively under pressure
• Analytical thinking
• Oversee small projects
• Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities
• Establish productive working relationships at multiple levels within the organization
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Full-Time Benefits Available:
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.