Under little or no supervision and acting on your own you will, manage and guide support specialists in end-to-end support in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Plans, organizes and controls the activities and staff involved in the study, design and installation of data processing systems. Provides clear and appropriate communication of IS support services, interruptions and deployments to the business. Facilitates the execution of technical projects and initiatives essential to advancing and sustaining business needs through appropriate utilization of the staff and technical resources.
- Understands, communicates, and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provide cross-functional perspective, direction, and support
- Provides leadership and personal support; coaches, guides, nurtures and develops the right people; leads by example
- Drives Company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
- Develops group and individual performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined individual and group objectives; maintains level of productivity in unit
- Trains employees to do their job; sets standards for work performance
- Monitors performance and provides feedback to direct reports through formal and informal performance feedback; regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results
- Recognizes and addresses performance strengths and limitations of subordinates
- Manages employee attendance to ensure compliance with Company standards; approve/monitor overtime
- Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner
- Develops staffing needs, selects new employees, makes recommendations in job evaluation and compensation, recommends termination actions
- Conducts team meetings with department employees; includes monthly safety topic, ISO, DOE and other applicable training
- Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
- Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
- Prepares and monitors department budget
- Develops service strategy & cross-functional collaboration methods to mitigate software, hardware, and networking issues.
- Reports on health of the service desk and support requests using uptime and ticket-related performance metrics.
- Partners with IS and business partners to discuss the impact of incidents on products and services, determine quality of service and identify needs.
- Develops technical support standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for efficient support request management.
- Establishes cohesive knowledge sharing, collaboration and communication through appropriate & consistent means across the support team.
- Monitors, reviews, coordinates and implements corrective action recommendations of staff in the analysis and support of business applications or processes.
- Establishes policy and knowledge sharing practices that facilitate opportunities for user ‘self-help’ and first level diagnostic and support resolution as incidents are generated.
- Proactively Identifies opportunities for improvements by managing the Support Technicians incident requests and daily observations of their work.
- Manages a team who sets up, configures, installs and supports software and hardware in desktop computers, notebook computers, tablets, printers, smart phones, desk phones, and other telecommunications equipment.
- Meets with staff to discuss progress of work, resolve problems, and ensure that standards for quality and SLAs are met.
- Adjusts hours of work, priorities, and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on work load.
- Develops draft policies and procedures related to the IS support desk.
- Creates and adjusts workflows to improve efficiency and adherence to SLAs.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend emerging technologies and prepare business costs/benefit analysis for implementation consideration.
- Conducts user training sessions on updated and/or modified platforms and applications.
- Leverages technology to facilitate and improve business processes, knowledge share and promote Information Solutions’ objectives.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration Management Information systems, Computer Science or related fields or equivalent training/experience.
- 5+ years in information technology to include experience with Windows operating systems, network operations, and automated telephone and voice mail systems.
- 3+ years technology support management experience .
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Ability to prioritize and quickly provide direction to resolve issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies, changing business requirements.
- Intellectual curiosity with clear and logical way of approaching tasks.
- Ability to multitask and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team as well as cross-functionally.
- Exhibits poise and focus in stressful situations.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in technical tools and applications.
- Experience using help desk ticketing software, incident troubleshooting and escalation processes. Experience with ServiceNow is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) practices.
- Understand emerging technology and end-user needs.
- Proficient working knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft applications and office suites, OS imaging, printer management, patch management, and client side Group Policy.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.