Splunk IT is looking for a Bay Area based IT Support Service Desk Analyst who is accustomed to providing the highest level of in-person, and remote support to our Employees. You will thrive in an environment that appeals to your self-sufficient and resourceful nature, while working closely with your counterparts to provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems (Windows and Mac), hardware, and software. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organization with a bright future. Service Desk Analysts are responsible for responding to queries, completing diagnostic triage, isolating problems as well as providing and implementing sound solutions.
- Support the local Splunk staff based in San Francisco offices as well as staff throughout the North America region.
- Assist new hires during the onboarding process to ensure their IT-issued equipment functions as planned, as well as providing basic introductions to some of the IT systems
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Resolve technical problems in partnership with the broader IT Ops team with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and WIFI.
- Write training materials: How-To documents, FAQ’s, etc.
- Support on site DialPad phone system
- Be the hands of Corporate IT for Server and Network issues
- Respond to queries either in person, on the phone or via email
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Triage problems by asking appropriate questions to determine the nature of problem.
- Follow up with end-users to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Configure new users' systems and install computer peripherals as needed
- Image, configure, pack, and ship computers for new starters in remote offices
- Be responsible for providing break/fix services to Splunk assets including, but not limited to Apple devices, PCs, mobile devices.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Participate in Global IT initiatives and projects
- Gain a basic understanding as to how Splunk uses Splunk internally
- 5+ year experience of providing desktop support
- 5+ year experience in fixing hardware as well as software installations
- 2+ year experience in supporting Gmail and Gsuite in an enterprise environment
- Maintaining & Troubleshooting corporate PCs, Macs, AV equipment, printers, faxes, and phone system
- Understanding of IPv4 subnetting, TCP/IP, and networking technologies up to and including DNS, DHCP, and VPNs
- Knowledge and experience with Cat6 and OM3 cabling, including connectors and termination, and diagnosing physical-layer network issues
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Prior knowledge or exposure to Splunk, while not required, is a plus
- A+, Network +, or other IT industry standard certifications desirable
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written at all levels of an organization up to and including executive level management
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required