Provide unit level support in the installation, operation and maintenance of a wide variety of applications within a diverse customer base. Position typically addresses highly complex issues using advanced system/infrastructural concepts and campus objectives and working with a high degree of autonomy. May manage project teams.
- Lead in understanding business needs of the unit supported to define new solutions and technology applications to serve them.
- Provide expert technical advice and/or leadership to technical teams.
- Diagnose and resolve highly complex technical problems with computer hardware, software and servers.
- Identify and implement server replacement or upgrades.
- Analyze and resolve highly complex workstation, application and server related problems.
- Deliver technical related presentations to other systems support personnel and unit administrators.
- Develop and recommend standard operating procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: Four to six years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires expert knowledge of and skill in the installation and maintenance of information technology hardware and software, requiring an in-depth understanding of industry practices and campus policies and procedures. Included are skills in problem solving, decision making, technical/project leadership, customer service, system documentation and communications.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: Experience working as a Microsoft Windows Administrator with Active Directory, Azure Backup, group policies, SQL Server, Nagios, HyperV, VMWare. Experience with the installation of new server infrastructure and supporting existing server infrastructure. Experience with supporting CCTV/Video Management Systems.
- Preferred Certifications: MCSA - Microsoft Certified System Admin, CCNA - Cisco Certified NetworkAssociate.
- Preferred Skills: Strong scripting in PowerShell, Python, or otherscriptinglanguages; Advanced understanding of networking, firewalls, and databases. Strong project management and process improvement skills.
Additional Information: N/A
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: users within assigned unit which include management, faculty and staff personnel. This position typically will advise and counsel: users and other support personnel. This position will supervise: N/A (project direction only).
The Georgia Institute of Technology Police Department is a fully operational State agency devoted to the protection of the campus, its students, faculty, staff and visitors. The mission of the department is threefold.
- We strive for excellence and integrity in providing a safe and secure environment for the Georgia Tech community,
- We enforce laws and campus policy, to serve the diverse public, prevent and detect criminal activity and to reduce the fears of the public through community interaction, and
- We promote growth and development for the members of the Department.