AECOM is actively seeking an experienced, creative, and highly talented IT Support Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This role is responsible for the top-level support of all desktop, server, and network systems within the RTMC and Transportation Systems Management & Operations (TSM&O) facilities. This position is responsible for the management of all customized applications and system resources used within the RTMC.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of facility computer hardware, video wall, software, and network systems.
- Management and assistance of RTMC staff in applying off-the-shelf software to improve the overall performance of database management, analysis, interpretation, and dissemination functions, including the continual improvement process of streamlining efficiency of IT equipment to further TSM&O operational goals of traffic management.
- All aspects of IT within the RTMC and TSM&O associated facilities.
- Direct management of the TSM&O IT department including hiring, training, supervising IT staff, analyzing needs, evaluating new solutions, including costing out and purchase of new equipment and software, and managing TSM&O network security.
- Assisting the Florida Department of Transportation's TSM&O IT Manager with strategic business decisions concerning the TSM&O networks and managing required deliverable on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Supervision of IT staff, plus any external system development contractors that are required
- Management of system security and availability for authorized users of each component of the RTMC.
- Analyze RTMC system needs, evaluate new solutions to replace old systems to be compatible with existing computer hardware and software, including costing and purchase of new equipment and software.
- Identifies computer hardware problems and notifies the appropriate staff when event status level warrants.
- Provide and conduct training for all RTMC personnel regarding computer etiquette and FDOT policies and procedures
- Manage computer system supply parts to maintain the appropriate level of replacement hardware
- Develop and control all user manuals and training documents for IT systems in the RTMC for easy access by all levels of users
- Maintain current IT Help Desk software functions and provide monthly reports as identified by FDOT TSM&O IT Manager
- Maintain detailed records of all IT Hardware and Software and provide monthly reports to the Department's TSM&O IT Manager
- Prepare and write all technical training documents for staff and review training SOP to keep up with current hardware and software being used in RTMC.
- Coordinate ITS field device repair and maintenance activities with the FDOT TSM&O Maintenance Manager when needed.
- All other tasks assigned by the department
- BA/BS Degree in computer science, information management, network management, or similar technology field
- 10 years+ of experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 2 years of leadership.
- Accepted equivalent education and experience: AA/AS + 12 years of experience or HS/GED + 14 years of experience; all including a minimum of 2 years of leadership
- Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security pre-employment background check
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Twelve (12) years of experience in ever increasing IT responsibility roles including five (5) years of experience managing an IT department
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Have a good understanding of key management concepts.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information in layman's terms.
- Ability to work alternate work schedules and be on-call 24 hours/day.
- Ability to write technical reports, correspondence, and manuals
- Ability to coordinate real time activities and priorities
- Direct experience with the day-to-day operations of a similar center
- Understanding of TSM&O and RTMC functions and objectives
- Professional certifications to include MCSE.
- Experience utilizing SolarW