At Amazon Care we are a passionate team delivering a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access. We partner with employers to make healthcare easy for employees and their families through a dedicated group of clinicians providing virtual and in person care.
We are looking for an IT Support Manager to lead and work with a dedicated team of support engineers who manage technology that enables Amazon Care employees and clinicians and to work effectively and securely. This team also provides support for integration with enterprises that offer Amazon Care healthcare services to their employees. Our support engineers have deep knowledge of third party IT services in an AWS cloud environment, strong expertise in end-user device management, and skills needed to build robust tools to improve operational efficiency.
The IT Support Manager's responsibilities include:
• Scope and deploy technical services and processes that meet Amazon Care's business needs, aligned with security, scalability and availability requirements.
• Drive strategic and tactical initiatives to optimize services and processes and increase productivity of IT's customers, improve IT efficiency, reduce cost and enhance security of Amazon Care's confidential data.
• Collaborate closely with a broad range of stakeholders including clinicians, external partners' IT teams, third party IT service vendors, Amazon Care's internal security, product and operations teams, and other Amazon teams.
• Guide support engineers to set and achieve skill and career development goals that enable them to confidently perform support activities and raise the team's performance bar.
• Implement best practices for processes such as measuring and reporting IT performance, managing technical and customer-facing documentation, ticket management and automation deployment.
• Actively contribute to Amazon Care IT's strategic roadmap for 2022 and beyond.
Remote US-based work is an option for this role.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. This position involves on-call responsibilities. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
• University degree in computer science or other relevant discipline
• 5+ years of experience in an enterprise IT support environment managing teams and supporting a range of SaaS solutions is a mandatory requirement; resumes without this experience will not be considered
• 3+ years of experience delivering IT service improvements and managing IT service improvement projects
• 3+ years of experience extracting IT service data from an ITSM solution for metrics reporting, and interpreting metrics that measure support success and service performance
• Experience in a healthcare IT support environment
• Experience supporting AWS cloud services, Okta, Work Space ONE, Google Suite, Bomgar, Jira, Proofpoint, CrowdStrike, Splunk, Slack, Apple products
• AWS cloud practitioner certification
Valid through: 11/14/2021