Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 115 days ago
Job Title: Network Support
Experience: 2-3 years of experience
Location: Providence, Rhode Island-occasional travel to Framingham, MA
* Support the office infrastructure and users, including; local and remote employees, printers, servers, user hardware and other technology used within the organization.
* Ensuring secure configuration of all user machines and systems to make sure OS and Anti-Virus patching is up to date.
* Respond promptly to support requests and maintain the 4 hour response and 24 hour fix / escalation SLA.
* Provide first level support to clients on the phone and via email to diagnose and resolve issues. Escalating to senior team members proactively where required ensuring efficient closure of tickets.
* Assist in management of file transfer platform, creating and testing new connections; perform updates and changes to existing connections, review automation rules and workflows to aid in issue resolution.
* Assist in maintenance of Active Directory and related accounts and services, including mail and file services through standard tools to ensure settings and accounts created / removed in a timely fashion.
* Create process and user documentation relating to laptop / PC setup and review configurations before delivery to user, ensuring issues are fed back and corrected before deployment.
* Proactive recommendation of hardware and software solutions and plan replacement processes.
* Assist in the procurement of hardware and software and manage configuration and deployment throughout the organization.
* Track licensing statistics and manages IT asset list, ensuring all records are kept up to date. Help to maintain software licensing requirements.
* Assist in the maintenance and management of at stable and secure internal network.
* Support user training and the optimization of the IT infrastucture to improve business productivity.
* Delivery of assigned projects within a timely manner.
* Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for HealthZones.
* Test applications and systems to ensure functionality before production deployment.
* Assist with special projects as requested.
Required Education, Training, Knowledge and Experience:
* Associates degree, or equivalent, in computer science or related discipline.
* Two years of related IT desktop support work that includes a broad understanding of network support and MS Windows applications.
* Strong knowledge of network cabling, PC's, laptops, wireless and wired networks, email, Active Directory, printer services, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
* Solid understanding of Windows and Mac client operating systems as well as Windows Servers.
* Must have working knowledge of FTP and SFTP protocols and understanding of PGP file encryption.
Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational and the ability to plan well.
* Excellent multi-task and prioritizing skills.
* Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the company information systems and networks is not compromised.
* CompTIA * Security+ or similar certification is desirable but not essential.
General office environment in which work is usually performed in a sitting position and may require stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting and carrying during the course of the work shift. Maybe required to lift up to 10 lbs. during the course of the work shift.