SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under immediate supervision the IT Support Engineer analyzes, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains the computer systems and peripheral equipment. This individual performs routine preventive maintenance on all computer system equipment. This individual also utilizes diagnostic programs and electronic test equipment. May require considerable travel to branches required.
- Install and resolve technical issues with user PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, and mobile devices.
- Provide prompt support to users via email, phone, and other electronic means.
- Work collaboratively with peers and management.
- Follow directives when given from peers and management.
- Work well with geographically diverse teams and users
- Own issues through resolution, escalating to appropriate support member/team when necessary.
- Keep leadership apprised of issues, status, and resolution, escalating when necessary.
- Occasional night and weekend work required as well as overnight travel, 35-45%.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performs or ensures proper installation of cables, operating systems, mobile devices, or appropriate software.
- Maintain records of trouble tickets, daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confers with users, or conducts computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Possible overtime and schedule changes based on business needs; remain on-call to assist in the event of off hours outages.
- On-call rotation of after-hours support is required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
High School diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or its equivalent and 1-2 years experience.
0-2 years with PC support/maintenance
1-2 years with PC support/maintenance, experience installing and supporting hardware and software in a support environment
LICENSES & CREDENTIALS
Valid driver’s license
A+ certification is a plus.
KNOWLEGEDE & SKILLS
- Specific Programs and Systems - Knowledgeable of Windows, Office product suite, VPN and local area network. Any knowledge of Thompson One, BetaLink and ILX is a plus.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware. Specific experience with Dell equipment a plus.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles for providing strong customer and personal service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work well collaboratively in a team environment.
- Is tactful and prompt with issue resolution.
- Transportationrequired for occasional travel to local branch locations.
- Must have clean credit record (be able to qualify for corporate credit card).
- Ability to multi-task to address multiple and often conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess exceptional organizational time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proactive approach to problem resolution, strong troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of compliance functions within a financial organization will be a plus.
- Knowledge of industry standard IT best practices, including disaster recovery and high availability concepts a plus.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other standard office procedures and terminology.
- Effective communication skills and ability to relay information well in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to manage priorities, deadlines and tasks in order to meet deadlines and to accomplish goals.
- Solid analytical skills – uses logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions.
- Good interpersonal interaction and able to work well with others.