Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the deployment and support of end-user computing (EUC) hardware, software, and applications in a clinical and business environment. Recommends, installs, configures, maintains, troubleshoots, and tests end-user computer hardware and software. May be required to administer user accounts, peripheral devices and workstations. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision and Values.
AAS Computer Science or other relevant area.
Must have at least four (4)years of end-user support experience or other similar experience.
Must have one of the required certifications:
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified Associate
- Microsoft Certified Expert level
- Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist (MCTS) certification
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certification
Applicable experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in Information Technology support.
- Familiar with IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices, concepts and procedures.
- Broad knowledge of hardware equipment and software applications. General understanding of IT and the functional duties of various support groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision and to exercise sound judgment and initiative.
- May be assigned to independently support various facilities for prolonged periods.
- Ability to understand complex verbal and written communications, and respond verbally or in writing as appropriate. Typical mediums of communication include face-to-face dialog, telephone, memos, documentation, presentations, and electronic mail.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and other documentation to determine correct action, safety precautions, and other conditions of proper hardware and software operation.
- Ability to work varying hours due to the accessibility of individuals or equipment involved in different projects, the need to minimize system downtime or Customer interruption, or to recover from hardware or software failures.
- Ability to handle stressful working conditions due to tight project schedules and hardware or software problems.
- Ability to occasionally use small hand tools and be able to manipulate small equipment components such as screws, nuts, or other fastening devices as usually found on computer equipment.
- Ability to set priorities coordinates multiple tasks, organize tasks, and maintain control of workflow.
- Subject to mandatory on-call duties and call back at all times.
- Must provide own transportation. Ability to travel to any area of the organization, both local and remote as needed.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Recommends, installs, configures, maintains, troubleshoots, tests and supports end-user hardware, and software applications. Participates in various projects, equipment moves and system implementations.
- Escalates calls appropriately and works with staff and other technical resources to ensure customer issues and concerns are addressed. Accurately documents and updates systems used to track and monitor calls and equipment. Analyzes customer requests and recommends hardware or software solutions that meet their needs in accordance with established standards. Recommends technical solutions or procedural changes that will reduce expenses, enhance productivity, or increase customer service.
- Responds to customer calls and resolves issues in a timely manner. Provides Manager, customers, and vendors with timely and accurate information. Effectively communicates with appropriate parties, both verbally and in writing. Informs Manager of any security concerns or policy violations.
- Provides technical training and educational sessions to individuals or groups. Develops, reviews, and modifies documentation as needed. Demonstrates continued growth in professional capabilities and maintains competence in current and evolving information technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: heavy work - exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.
- Subject to standard office working conditions with intermittent exposure to noisy computer equipment.
- Frequent travel to other Methodist Le Bonheur locations may be required.